Friday, December 03, 2010

Fashionable travel luggage

I recently got an email informing me about an event taking place at Bergdorf's in New York, where one of my favourite handbag designers, Nancy Gonzales, was going to be doing a luggage event. The designer is known for her use of luxurious exotic skins for her handbags that come in a mix of classic and trendy, and that are always wearable and very stylish. Hence I was quite intrigued to see what her travel luggage would look like and I must say I wasn't disappointed. I, like countless others, have my LV carry on trolley bag for flights, but these days it just seems so... blah. It isn't exclusive anymore, and along with the thousands of seemingly fakes I see each time I'm at the airport, I feel like my poor bag is seemingly getting the look from others as well, who are trying to figure out it's authenticity. Anyhow, I'm in the market for some new carry on luggage so I decided to do a post on it for others who are also looking for some stylish luggage, or maybe looking for Christmas gift ideas to give the fashionable traveler.
Here are pics of the Nancy Gonzales trolley bags-
























SO stylish! Yet I'm not too sure about having what is probably a ridiculously expensive croc trolley to throw my last-minute crap into. For those interested (who live in NYC), the event is on the 9th and 10th of December.

For trolley bag and Hermes lovers (like me!) I would think the brand would have an ultra luxurious leather trolley that would be crazy expensive, impractical, and to die for, all at once. I was quite surprised when I saw their bag though, as it was quite hideous. They wouldn't let me take a picture of it, but luckily I found it on the net (as one does most things) and here it is-
Maybe somebody else might see something in this bag, but I really just don't. However Hermes DOES have some nice overnighters that are large travel bags, but probably only meant for those with private jets-













Not only are the travel Birkins ridiculously expensive, they are also ridiculously heavy even without anything in it, so I really can't imagine people walking around in airports comfortably with them. I also love this Hermes canvas and leather travel bag, but again, it's canvas and will get dirty extremely quickly at airports and security screenings, so will give this one a miss too.

I think I absolutely HATED this Chanel trolley bag when I first saw it, but I must say it has grown on me. In all honesty though, the only reason why people would buy this is because it's Chanel.. I can't really see anything else going on with this bag or the rest of the "cocoon" collection in fact. Also, I like it when the trolley bags are also like mini suitcases so you can pack them properly and open them up to find things, rather than everything in the bag being a mess and tumbled over, which is probably what would happen in this one.

I also still absolutely LOVE the large Balenciaga bags and think they are just so gorgeous to travel in. Giselle Bundchen is carrying the larger Weekender bag in black in this picture, and even after all these years, it still looks so fun to carry one. Also given that these bags actually look better after a lot of use, they will just look better with age. I need to get myself one!

Unfortunately the Goyard trolley is also too heavy and isn't roomy enough inside for me to want. So looks like I'll be sticking to what I have, but hopefully you guys might have found something you like for yourselves!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails