Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Kiehls launches new products!

I absolutely LOVE trying new skincare and body care products and for YEARS now Kiehls has been one of my favourite brands. I used to use a lot of their haircare products while at college, and even though they were quite expensive to splurge on on a limited student's budget, I still used to make sure to save up to buy a lot of my staple favourites. Ok so it's been a few years since I graduated (ok quite a few years!) and I still stayed loyal to quite a few of the Kiehls products and would make it a point to stock up on them every time I went to the US. My mother is another fan of their stuff and used to make me buy some of her favourites while I was away too. You can imagine my thrill when a few years back (I think it's around 2?) Kiehls started to stock in Dubai. You can imagine my SUPER thrill when I received a little goodie bag from them a few days back with samples of two of their new products for me to try! Ok so I've received a few goodies from my friends in the electronics world (Sony Ericsson being one of the most generous with their gifts to them- thank you guys for that!!) but I was so thrilled to get samples of skin products as I absolutely love love LOVE shopping for them and trying out new things in that segment as well as make up. Anyhow, I thought I'd do a small feature on their two new launches as well as let you know more about the other stuff of theirs I'm obsessed with.



















The new products they've come out with are the Ultra Facial Oil Free Lotion as well as the Ultra Facial Gel Cream (pictured above). The two are perfect to be used in Dubai's hot summer as wearing regular cream can sometimes become way too greasy and cause you to have breakouts and your make up to slip right off your face. They have two other products out in the same range that are the Oil free cleanser and Oil free toner which they haven't sent me, but I'm sure are great as well. To be honest, I haven't tried the products yet as I have recently picked up some new products at Biolite  after a facial I got there (I'll get around to doing a review of them soon too!) and I want to finish those before opening up any new products. I also used to use the regular Ultra Facial Cream which is one of their best sellers and I used to absolutely love it, till I started to be a victim of adult acne and had to switch to oil free products, so I can't wait to try these!
If you're curious about Kiehls as a brand, here are some of my favourites that you might want to try-

Creme with Silk Groom- This has been the one hair product that I've been using since college. It is a favourite with celebs and product junkies and is an absolute must have! It is directed to be used before styling, but I use it after as well to add some luster and shine to my hair, especially when it's looking dry and frazzled.

Lip Balm #1- There is a reason why a product like a lip balm that is available for very cheap prices at a supermarket or pharmacy remains one of the top sellers at Kiehls. It is superbly moisturizing and actually applies into the lips rather than a lot that just tend to layer a coating on the lips if you know what I mean. I used to buy tons of these from the US and bring them back. Kiehls also was one of the first to have a rose tinted lip balm that I absolutely LOVED. I use the Mac ones now but if you love the feel of their lip balm you must try their tinted one too!

Cucumber Herbal Alcohol Free Toner- I have extremely sensitive skin and while I don't like using a toner every day, I like keeping this on hand for days I do want to use one. While I usually use a La Mer cleanser, I love this non-irritating Kiehls toner.

Creme de Corps- This used to be my mother's absolute favourite as she likes her creams to be massaged into her skin. She used to make me buy loads of these for her, but I just ran into her bathroom to check as I know she switched products and she now has a ginormous bottle of the Instant Satin Soft Body Rub Moisturizer. I know the product has been discontinued so I don't know what she's going to after she gets done with this. Creme de Corps has a light-weight version as well so maybe she'll go for that?

I have 3 products from the "Superbly Restorative Argan Oil" collection- I have the dry oil, the skin salve as well as the body cream. I SWEAR by all 3 as I have really really dry skin and need all the moisture I can get. The dry oil is great on legs when you want a bit of moisture but are running out of the house and don't have time to use cream and wait for it to absorb, etc. The skin salve I use on particularly dry areas that need some TLC and the skin cream is for when I have time to moisturize all over. I just saw on their website that they have a Body Cleansing Oil which I think I'm going to have to try! I also noticed that the body oil I use now comes in two sizes... It used to irritate me to run out of the damn thing so soon with the smaller bottles.

I know I've tried a whole bunch of their other products that I can't really think of right now, but these are ones that I currently own and hence have gone back for repeat purchases. If you do want me to do a review of the oil-free products I was sent, let me know and I'll pop them open and give them a try before I leave for the summer (which is incidentally in a few days!)


Thank you Kiehls for sending them to me, and if any other brands want to send me products to review or feature, do let me know! (Mac.. are you listening???)
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails