Tuesday, January 04, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Dear Readers,

Happy New Year!! I do realize I'm a few days late in wishing you this and I hope the start of the year has already proved to be a happy and successful one for you all. 2010 was quite an interesting year, and a very welcome follow up to 2009, which wasn't a really great year for me at all. The end of 2010 saw me go through quite a few changes in my life, one of the most important ones being the start of the blog you are currently reading. You guys have no clue how much joy it gives me when I have people telling me they love to read my blog, and in fact I had 3 people on New Years Eve go, "Are you Kiran from Kiran's Corner?" Yes!! That's me!
Speaking of New Years Eve, if my 31st evening is any indication of what the rest of the year will be like, it will be in one word- ADVENTUROUS! I had my ticket to head out to Cavalli Club at the Fairmont, and unlike most years where my plans usually form fairly last minute, I was quite pleased to have planned my evening almost a week in advance. The first screw up came in the afternoon of the 31st when the friend I was supposed to go with called me to let me know her husband had fallen sick and that they wouldn't be making it out. Fairly quickly I made alternative plans to head to the Capital Club with another group of friends and figured it wouldn't be a problem given that I'm a member there and could just walk in without needing a pass. We went to a friend's house early on in the evening to start off the celebrations and figured we could get a taxi to get us across to DIFC, which is where the Capital Club is located. Big mistake! The phone line to get a taxi was completely jammed and we were stranded in Jumeirah. My friend's father was kind enough to come fetch us and transport us to our venue... We hadn't considered the nutty Dubai traffic and the time it would take us to travel through a route that would otherwise take us 5 minutes. We were in danger of being stuck on the road at midnight! We jumped out of the car and decided to take the Metro down two stops which would take us to DIFC. We were so pleased with ourselves and ran up the escalator, excited to be taking our first ever Metro ride, till the doors of the Metro opened. We were greeted by a sea of men (who hadn't heard of, much less used deodorant)  packed like sardines into the Metro, and we had to hold our breath, hold our ground and just squish ourselves in. We were so delirious that we got off at the wrong stop and then luckily found a taxi who agreed to take us the rest of the distance. It wasn't fun, but we all couldn't stop laughing at our luck and the obstacles that were being thrown at us.
Well, as they say, all's well that ends well, and the party was actually a lot of fun. Here is a picture of my girl friends Mariya Kassam (on the right) and Michelle Amarnani (left) and I from the night-

How we got home is another completely absurd story that I won't even bother narrating. Yes, it's actually worse than the story of us getting there. Anyhow, hope you guys had as fun a night as I did, and for my readers who came up to me at Capital Club and said they love to read my blog, you really made my entire night!
Have a fabulous 2011!!!
-

1 comment:

Setty Lepida said...

Trully an adventurous new year has just started for you, so I wish you all your adventures bring you magic and fun :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails