Thursday, June 16, 2011

Inspired blogging!

(Image taken from gapingvoid.com)

If any of you blog you'll know that bloggers go through periods of inspiration and moments of exasperation! After I finished a year for Kiran's Corner, my waves seem to be coming in the form of small ripples- small bouts of small and frequent mood swings. The question that plagues me as well as most bloggers- what on EARTH should I write about today? Sometimes I'm sure you can tell I'm truly as excited about the subject matter as I sound... and well, sometimes I'm sure you can tell I'm just trying to dig up stuff so as to not lose my followers. Anyhow, I'm rambling today as recently two friends of mine, Amreeta and Dia, two fabulous sisters who live in London and Lagos respectively, started up blogs of their own. They're both extremely intelligent and have distinct voices and are blogging about their daily lives, thoughts and random things that catch their eye. Dia is a new mother and writes about the wonders of having a child and everything that comes along with it, and the non-wonders of surviving life in Nigeria. Amreeta is a fellow Aries and a girl after my own heart.. she for me personifies dry British humour and every time I see a funny English film or TV show or read a Ben Elton book that makes me laugh out loud, I think of her. If you follow me on Facebook, you'll notice our banter and maybe understand what I mean. She also (like me) wants to be a writer but (like me) probably doesn't have the patience to see it through, so I actually gave her a slight nudge into the blogging world. 

They've literally JUST started up their blogs and I've only been able to read a couple of posts of theirs, squished on my blackberry screen while I've been traveling, and I can already say I'm truly hooked. When friends of mine used to read my blog they were sometimes often honest enough to tell me that they couldn't quite tell whether they enjoyed it because they knew me and could visualize me speaking a lot of what I'd written, or whether it was because it was good stuff. Now that I have a lot more unknown followers than my friends who read my blog, hopefully it's the latter that has them coming back. I'm kind of going through that phase with my two friends- where I love to read their posts, but I know it's not because of sheer boredom or a sense of duty, it's because I marvel about the random stuff they're writing about that I just wouldn't have otherwise known about them! The other day Amreeta wrote about her frizzy hair problems (yet another trait we share) and about how she's combatted it by going shampoo free! It was informative, well written and something I had NO clue about! (And while it may sound gross or confusing, I can promise you she isn't weird or surviving with questionable hygiene problems- read her post here) More than anything, reading these two girls post about their lives has seriously got me thinking about the way I blog. I sometimes hold back because I'm scared of giving away too much information or wonder to myself, "Who on earth will want to read about this?!" but looking forward to what my friends write about makes me wonder whether it'll be such a bad thing for me to share some of my life with my readers? Write down some of MY random thoughts than feel like I need to report or bring some news or review a product, place or service. These girls have inspired me to maybe blog more and share more, and it's so funny to hear them comment that they're surprised anyone wants to read anything they have to write about at all. Dia and Amreeta, I do!! And don't worry girls, when you worry about feeling like you'll run out of things to say, know that a year and a bit down the line, I worry about the same every day!

Read Dia's Blog, Dia's Days here and follow her on twitter on @diadadlani
Check out her sister Amreeta's blog here and follow her on twitter on @nectar1269
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails