Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sony DSC-TX7 and DSC-HX5V

I got a very happy surprise in the office today. I had seen the latest Sony still camera on my visit to the Jumbo store at the Mirdiff City Center on Friday. The TX7 impressed me with its touch screen interface, slim body and moreover, the ability to record video in 1080 HD. I decided to switch from using my WX1 to the TX7 as my tiny, portable, pop-in-my-clutch-bag camera. When I asked for a piece today, I found I also had on my table, the first piece of the new HX5V to hit our warehouse. Surprisingly, I hadn't heard about the introduction of this camera, but one glance at the list of features, and I was loath to give it back. Along with the usual list of features of the new Sony cameras- the Exmar lens that allows shooting in low light without a flash, the panaromic mode, HDR shooting ability, etc, this camera has the special Sony G lens, a 10x optical zoom and GPS to allow geotagging! Even though its bulkier than the TX7, I'm very impressed by the great reviews it's gotten, and am very tempted to keep the HX.
I'll take some test shots with both as I decide which is the camera for me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails