Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sony DSC TX7 or HX5V??

I carried around both for a few days and was incessantly clicking pictures of things in different light situations with both cameras. While both cameras really had amazing picture quality, I just thought the convenience of the TX7 couldn't be beat. I loved the fact that I could pop it into my evening clutch bag and still have the convenience of a great Carl Zeiss lens, 1080 HD recording and panoramic mode, all in one incredibly small device. If you haven't seen what the panoramic mode is, you HAVE to visit a Jumbo store or check out a friend's Sony camera that has one, and be prepared to be blown away. I was demonstrating it to my mother and sisters, and they were amazed at what technology was coming to, as with one sweep of the camera, you can actually take a still picture of an area, at a 60 degree angle!! Check out the picture of my office to see what I mean.



While the sleek and slim TX7 is the camera that will be staying back with me, if you're looking for a still camera with all the features listed above with an incredible zoom to top, the HX5, with a slightly thicker body, can't be beat. While the built in GPS is nice to have, it really was the zoom that blew me away. Check out the pictures below of the distance between me and the Meridien, and what the camera could do when maxing out its 10x Optical zoom!
                                                                                      

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails