Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Welcome to Kiran's Corner!!

In 2008, I was offered a fantastic opportunity by the "Weekend" magazine of the Khaleej Times in Dubai, to do a column for them. My monthly column, which they brilliantly entitled "Kiran's Corner," ran for about a year, till a change in the Editor and layout of the magazine meant a boot for all of the columnists involved. Since the illustruous Shashi Tharoor got the axe as well, I like to remind people, it was obviously nothing personal. It was not me.. it was them!

I could say that my fan's begged me to continue writing but I won't, as that would be a lie and moreover, I don't have any fans. I did have some readers trying to add me on facebook if that counts, but a person who doesn't understand the meaning of the word "friend" is, in itself, a non-starter. Just kidding! This blog exists because I missed writing and communicating with people, and really missed my "corner" so to speak.

Check out my "looking back" tab to know more about my writing life, and if you're actually reading this, do leave me a comment and let me know. Once again, welcome to my corner!

3 comments:

pradeep ullal said...

Kiran, you write really well. Enjoyed reading your blog. keep writing and stay in touch

Unknown said...

Hey Kiran, Spent some quality time on your blog today. It was sure worth it and inspiring. How have you been ?

Unknown said...

hi kiran
i have just started reading a lot about your writeups and am also following you on twitter, i would love to contribute a bit a little later, but pls keep do writing,
rgds
Prakash Bathija from blore(your dads inspiration made me start my career as a mgmt trainee at jumbo)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails