Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Can't BELIEVE I'm missing...

The Soiree-Umar Sayeed fashion show at the Opera Art Gallery this evening! Late last evening, I was having a cup of coffee with Mariya Kassam, owner of Soiree and a dear friend of mine, and was telling her about my love for the Opera gallery. For years now, way before their fabulous art graced the shores of Dubai, I'd lust after their collection at their gallery in New Bond Street, London. The Opera Gallery is where I'd first ever seen an Andy Warhol piece up close (I still remember, it was from his "Queen" collection) and where I first laid eyes on my most favourite artist today- Johanne Corno. While most people in Dubai might think it's just "another gallery" I was telling her how incredible it was that a Desi designer was going to be showcasing his work along with all the great global artists, and even more amazing, was that she was the catalyst in making that happen.

As I am sitting at the Lounge waiting for the announcement of my flight, I'll obviously be unable to attend the show today. However, I did catch a sneak peak of the collection yesterday, and if it wasn't for the size zero sample sizes the models had on, I'd have desperately tried to sneak them home. Divine!! Definitely not a show to miss. Good luck Mariya!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! K - nice blog.

So Ture - Certain Memories are still so fresh in ones mind. What a wonderful feeling to be able to go zip back in time; to be at that very place where one got goose bumps and the unexplainable feeling of happiness.

AZ said...

Looks like you'll get to attend after all

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails