Sunday, February 20, 2011

Grammy's Weekend in LA!

So for those who aren't following me on Twitter you might not know that I was away in LA over the past week, and between jet lag (12 hour time difference from Dubai was a nightmare!) , hanging out with friends and shopping, I had very little time to get online and post on my blog. Oh, and of course there was this little thing I had to attend over the weekend... this musical awards night thingy... you may have heard of it... THE GRAMMY'S???!!! So for a few weeks now (actually no, make that months) if anyone's made any sort of conversation with me like, "Any travel plans?" I've been like, "well not over the next few months but then in Feb I go to the GRAMMY'S!" or even, "so how's life?" "All ok I guess... but I'm excited coz in Feb I leave to go to the GRAMMY'S!" till it reached a stage where people would say, "Hello!" and I'd respond with a, "Hi, my name is Kiran and in Feb I head to the GRAMMY'S!" I kid, I kid.. Sort of anyway. I was SUPER excited to be attending (you know, the Grammy's!) and when Feb rolled around, I just couldn't WAIT to be able to head to LA and experience the magic of the evening!
So the evening was pretty amazing and it was super exciting to be able to watch all the performers live on stage. We were seated in VIP boxes that had the disadvantage of being fairly far from the stage, but the advantage of being private spaces where you could kick off your heels, drink some wine and enjoy dinner while watching the show. The performers were all amazing, but my favourite of the night just HAD to be Justin Bieber and Usher perform.. they were incredible! We saw all the behind the scenes action, including Christina Aguillera fall on stage (they missed capturing that on TV) and... well that was pretty much it. The question most people asked me was what whether the breaks got taken for commercials during the show or whether they just went through the entire thing- They do pause for breaks and ads during the show, during which time they have past performances playing on their screens, and have celebs up from their seats saying hello to each other and running to use the restrooms.  The entire evening was a once in a lifetime experience and I'm SOOO happy I got to experience it! Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take in any cameras, so all I got are blurry pictures on my Blackberry to share with you guys...
Where the magic happens.. Staples Center, LA
As you can tell, we were one of the first ones to get there.. the entire Stadium was empty
The show was about to begin!

Can't remember who that was performing
A lot of the announcers stood over the Grammy symbol which is actually in the center of the stadium. Think this is a picture of either Miley Cyrus of Jennifer Lopez

Unfortunately that's all I have for you guys! If you have any questions about the evening or the event, please ask away in comments below and I'll be happy to answer them. Unless of course that question is, "what the hell was up with Gaga's egg??" I'm just as lost about that as you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails