Sunday, February 06, 2011

Story of Another's Miracle!

A few days back I posted a story here about a miracle I believe I've witnessed. A really amazing thing happened after that.. I had a lot of people share their own stories of their miracles with me. Some narrated it when they met me, while some wrote in to tell me theirs, and one of the most mind blowing ones was shared with me, unprompted, without the person having read my blog or knowing anything about my experience. I was attracting miraculous stories from everywhere, which in itself I considered to be a mini miracle in itself!
Another incredible story was sent in from a reader of mine whom I've never met, but whose story has absolutely blown me away! She was kind enough to let me share it with you, as long as I changed a few details to keep her identity under wraps. I have changed a few things where possible, and in other places I've just blocked out the names of cities and places so as to not to spoil the flow of her writing. Hope you guys enjoy her marvelous story...


Dear Kiran,

So here is the story from my own life of what I consider a

miracle. It's not an appearance like your miracle but it is still
wonderful and supernatural occurence.

Just as I was finishing high school and preparing my university

applications, my father was keen that I take a year off between school
and uni and go travel, work, experience something new.  He felt that a
gap year would give me a little perspective before going to
University.  I used that gap year to travel and teach.  I spent 6
months teaching in a school in xxx. During that time. the
headmistress grew very fond of me and gifted me with a beautiful small
silver statue of a hindu deity.    I have taken that small statue with
me everywhere over the years: to university in xxxx and in xxxx, to
xxxx where I went to University, to xxxx when I studied for my Masters,
back to xxx and xxxx and now I have it with me in Dubai right next
to my bed in our home.  In most of the places I've lived, it's been
alone and away from my immediate family.  I am a very "spiritual"
person but I'm very private about it.  I will go to temple on Diwali
and on my birthday but most of my interaction with religion takes
place in the privacy of my home.  So I've often found myself praying
to the little silver statue and over the years, as it followed me
everywhere, when I missed my family, felt sad or upset, prayers
started becoming discussions with the silver statue deity.  I would
ask it the questions I would ask God when praying and speak to it like
I do with close friends and my family.

One day, as I asked one of my many questions, I noticed a change in

the facial expression of the deity.  From an impassive look, I noticed
a smile.  I thought I was dreaming and assumed it was my imagination.
But I looked closely and i knew it was not imaginary, the deity
smiled.    From then on, I would pay closer attention to the deity's
facial expressions, occasionally impassive but quite frequently I
noticed a smile.    The only person I ever shared this with was my
mother.  Quite frankly, I am not sure most of my friends, religious or
not, would find it normal that I base some of my important decisions
or reassurances based on the smile of a deity.   Anyway, the miracle I
experienced happened much later.  In 2005, I was switching companies
and asked for my new employer to give me a month off between jobs.  I
took off to Mauritius on my own, rented a beach house and spent a
month, travelling around the island, reading, writing, resting ect.
I'm a very keen photographer and I always say the two most important
things when I travel are my passport and my camera.  At the time, I
had a manual Nikon SLR which I loved.   Usually before a trip or a big
decision / event, I speak to my deity.  I mentioned my trip to
Mauritius and prayed that my month on my own would go well and that I
would be safe....  The deity didn't smile back but just remained
impassive with a stern look. It was the kind of look that inspired
fear / concern.  I looked again and just couldn't see that reassuring
smile of approval that I was hoping for.   I got nervous as this was
the day before my departure.    Now I travel a lot and quite
frequently to some far fetched places but i have NEVER bought travel
insurance. Mainly because I'm a careful traveler and nothing had
happened to me and i didn't feel the need to get insurance.  However,
this time around, seeing that I wasn't getting the reassurances of my
deity, I freaked out a little and ran out to a travel agency and
bought an insurance from them just as they were about to close.   That
travel insurance turned out to be an extraordinary blessing....  I had
a boating accident in Mauritius and my camera went overboard. I was
devastated by the loss of my expensive photography gear.  As soon as I
returned to xxxx, I contacted my travel insurer and what do you
know, camera replaced within a week!

Now I know this story has a material side to it: I lost equipment but

didn't have to pay for its replacement....but I look at the greater
picture and see that my deity had warned me that something bad was
coming my way.    The above is just one illustration of my miracle
deity.  As a matter of fact, I have many examples (too long to
enumerate on email) where my deity has been a silent guide and has
given me clarity on what direction to take when at a confusing
crossroad.  I consult my deity for everything and i when it doesn't
smile, I wont' take that course of action.

To date I can honestly say, I have only had nice things happen to me

and I am in part grateful to my deity....Your story today confirmed to
me that miracles happen, we just have to believe in them.

On a last note, let me take this opportunity to tell you how much I

love reading your blog. It's insightful, witty and so well
written...please continue to find the time to share your ideas /
thoughts / miracles with us.


 I would love for you guys to share some more of your stories of miracles you might have experienced or witnessed or heard of. Please feel free to email them to me if you don't want to post them here, or write about them in the comments field below. And remember, miracles happen to those who believe in them! It's like one of my favourite writers, Paulo Coelho said, "We have to stop and be humble enough to understand that there is something called mystery."
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails