Sunday, April 17, 2011

My birthday Week in Paris!

Hello All!  I do apologize for going MIA from my blog for a while, but I have a pretty good reason for it.. I'm in Paris! I got here on Thursday and am going to be here for another few days before I head back home. And if the heading of this blog post or the picture of the cake in the photograph didn't give it away, I'm here for my birthday! Once every year, my best friend Payal and I have a tradition to do a girl's trip together, and if you've been reading my blog for a while, you may remember that we'd taken a short trip to Chicago last summer. This year I really wanted to do some place in Europe and have been wanting to come to Paris for a while, so I asked if she'd be willing to meet me halfway and spend my birthday in Paris with me. She said yes, and so here we are!
My birthday was a lot of fun as I alternated between eating and sleeping with a bit of shopping thrown in. On the day itself we made our way to the Plaza Athenee and had lunch at the restaurant there followed by a bit of shopping on Avenue Montaigne and then we were on to Pierre Gagnaire for dinner. I have taken tons of pictures and have lots of reviews coming your way so do keep checking back for a lot of info from my Paris adventures.
I'm staying at the Hotel de Crillon, and they were kind enough to send me a bottle of champagne along with a chocolate cake (that was DIVINE) to my room, which is the picture I've taken above. Payal's bags were delayed by over a day so they had finally come in after we got back from dinner, so she opened it up, gave me my birthday gift (which deserves a separate post) and all the stuff I'd ordered for myself and had shipped to her to bring including a customized computer that I'm currently typing on. After that, I cut my cake while she half sang for me and we chatted for a while before heading off to sleep. All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better birthday!
Thanks to all of you who wished me on Twitter and via email.. really made me feel so special!! And for those who aren't following me on Twitter yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! ;)
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails