Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Review of the Hotel de Crillon- Part 2

I'd done a review of the rooms at the gorgeous Hotel de Crillon where I've been staying for the past week in Paris, and I'd promised a review of the entire hotel with some lovely pictures. I'd ended the post saying the Hotel is one of my favourites and there really are many reasons for that. The service was excellent, the food divine and most importantly, the Hotel is located right in the centre of all the shopping. Let's just put it this way, 5 steps away you had the landmark Hermes store at the Rue de Faubourg which made things very easy for me! If you are thinking of staying here and haven't checked out the pictures of the room, I urge you to hit the link above and go check them out.
Here are some more pictures I'd taken-
The exterior of the hotel was being given a facelift, but instead of boring old ugly scaffolding, they'd done it up by matching it up to the look of the hotel! Thought that was very cute.
       I just loved the old European charm of the entrance of the hotel and the lobby. Gorgeous!
In my previous post i'd mentioned about the Afternoon tea we had received with the American Express fine hotels and resorts package. The tea could be had in the very pretty sitting area they had outdoors, or in the lovely area they had indoors. As it was too cold in the evening, we decided to have ours indoors, but the outside was too pretty for it to not be photographed.
And when I said the High Tea deserved a post of it's own, I wasn't joking. It was INCREDIBLE. I'm a huge fan of High Tea and I've had it at a few places in London, and almost in all the popular Hot Spots in New York- The Plaza, The Carlyle, Bergdorfs, London Hotel... seriously NOTHING could even come close to the High Tea I had here. It's a meal by itself so if you're in Paris and even if you're not staying at the Crillon, I can't recommend the Tea enough!
Ok so High Tea is really very rarely about the tea itself (I usually take coffee with mine!) and it's really allll about the food. The sandwiches were very filling and very, very tasty. I can't remember what the first one in the baguette is (chicken maybe?), then there was ham and cheese, and the last one on the right is the foie gras pate.
And then there was the plate of mini deserts! Seriously lets not even get me started on these as each one was magnificent, and am at the Lounge at the airport and I'm seriously about to lick my computer screen. I'm also exhausted out of my mind and delirious so I may even do it!
Aah.. talk about timing! Time to board my flight! I think the lady at the counter saw my face inching towards my screen and figured she HAD to get me out of here!
More from Dubai peeps!
-

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi kiran .. i accidentally came across u r site .. and u r profile.. my name is prashant .. i was in UK.. heading the citibank NRI business as the youngest vice president .. now moving to india and a joint director for international business ( IBG )
is there a email id where i can connect ..amazing site .. highly creative ..
-prashant pednekar
u can see my profile on linkedin,..simpley type in prashant pednekar expressit in google search u will get my profile

Unknown said...

hi kiran ,, my email id is prashantp@expresssit.in

my BB pin is 25937E13..

do connect .. i am in mumbai..

rgds
Prashant

Kiran Chhabria said...

Thank you.. Not interested.. but if any of my other readers are, your info is on here if they need to reach you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails