Monday, March 28, 2011

Blog corner presents Fashion Foie Gras

One of my favourite things to do everyday are read a whole bunch of different blogs. If you've been reading mine for a while, you'll know that every once in a while I like to feature one of my favourites or new discoveries to let my readers know about other cool blogs that exist out there. One of the ones that I've been following for a while is Fashion Foie Gras.
When it comes down to fashion blogs, there are a whole bunch of different types that can be found- there are the street style ones that tend to be most popular (like Garance Dore's), or there are ones where people chronicle their own styles and clothes (WishWishWish and MyFashDiary are two examples that I've written about before) and there are some that just offer the latest news on all things fashion. Recently I found some famous fashion bloggers that I loved to follow earlier have become completely out of reach as they've morphed into celebrities in their own right, and it's become almost painful to read their blogs. If you've ever read BryanBoy's blog (which unfortunately is now blocked in the UAE) you'll know what I'm talking about. I was on the lookout for some blogs that were fresh and easy and had a mix of all things fashion- bits of fashion gossip, some educational posts, a dash of celeb-styling with a few personal looks thrown in, without the attitude thank you very much! I don't know how exactly I found Fashion Foie Gras, but I love it and read it almost every day.
Emily Johnston, the Fashion Goose and person behind FFG (picture below), moved to London from North Carolina 8 years back, and started the blog only 15 months back. When I asked her what prompted her to start a fashion blog she said, "The best background for this sort of employment is an obsession with fashion and style. I've had a subscription to Vogue, and every other fashion glossy out there since I was 11 years old! Let's just say I had been preparing for this sort of role for a long time without even knowing it!"
Her "voice" is actually the best part about the blog as it's not just a run of the mill list of things happening in the fashion world, or a list of press releases printed out, but it's in places educational, in places questioning, often complimentary about a designer's work and sometimes just plain funny. Just a few days back she carried an article on a very interesting massage she went for (a Kundalini back massage) which left her transported to another world and crying. The next article was one about "Muffin Tops" and how the word has officially made it into the Oxford English Dictionary! The blog had me go from intrigued to amused in 5 minutes flat!
Fashion Foie Gras also carries some real fun to read features like one which chronicles the most interesting TwitPics posted by the celebs and a new addition called "Blackberry Tales from the Fashion Goose" which shows off Emily's latest captures on her BB. If you like reading fashion blogs, I promise you'll be as hooked to FFG as I am to Okku's Foie Gras Sushi! If you haven't already, you need to try both!
-
And if you haven't visited my blog over the past few days, you might not know that you have until the 31st of March to follow 3 easy steps that could potentially make you the proud owner of the Apple iPad!!!! Go here for details- http://www.kiranscorner.com/2011/03/win-ipad-with-kirans-corner-and-jumbo.html 
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails