Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Jil Sander at Uniqlo

Over the past few years we've seen some fabulous collaborations that take place with high end designers tying up with high street brands to make fashion truly affordable for the masses. We've seen Proenza Schouler do work with Target, Vera Wang design for Kohl's and Lanvin for H&M. (I'd written a story on designer collaborations for Khaleej Times WAAAAY back in 2007 which can be found here).
One tie up that evidently went under my radar is the Jil Sander and Uniqlo one. I just saw that Vogue UK has posted pics of some of the J+ line for Spring, and I was surprised I didn't even know a line existed! Here are some pics of the collection, and I think they're quite lovely! What do you think?



I must admit however, I've never shopped at Uniqlo before and I'm a bit shocked looking at the prices. The plain red dress shown above will retail for a 100 GBP, as will the blue one, which just kinda seems steep to me for a high street brand. But I don't really know what the regular pricing of Uniqlo is, and a Jil Sander one would easily cost you upwards of ten times that price, so I guess it still makes sense to get? Am still a bit not convinced.
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails