Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Theta Healing and Me- Part 2

As you may know, a few days back I celebrated my blog's one year anniversary during which I had asked people to tell me more about what the favourite parts of my blog were. A lot of people wrote in appreciating different parts of my blog and a few wrote in with requests on particular subjects (Thanks to everyone who wrote in or Tweeted by the way!). Two people asked me to go more into detail about the subject of spirituality, specifically quoting back to the article I'd written on Theta healing- "Theta Healing and Me" which was one of my first few posts upon creating this blog. While over the past year my take on spirituality has completely shifted, that will be another post for another day. Today I wanted to clear up a few things that I'd talked about in my Theta post, and my experience with this particular mode of healing only. While only two people referred back to it, my previous post is one of the first few that come up when you google "Theta Healing Dubai" and I didn't want readers of my blog or random people that were guided to it it to be misguided after reading my first post.
If you haven't read my original post, I'll give you a brief synopsis about Theta in my life- It was something I learned, fell in love with, proceeded to fly to Vegas to take a course with Vianna Stibal (the one who discovered the modality and is the Founder of Think) and then on to become a Teacher of Theta. I never intended on teaching, but I like being thorough with subjects that interest me and since I happened to be in the US a month or two after I'd learned the course, I decided to do the teacher's training while there. Momentarily, it brought my life a lot of peace and joy and I couldn't recommend it enough to anyone I interacted with. I wrote the blog post and was the biggest advocate of Theta around, intended to study it further (there are many different levels and many different courses) and was then spending thousands on Theta Healers in Dubai who had taken the higher courses than me. A friend of mine had with my permission even used my post on her blog too, which is where the second part of my story of the unraveling begins.
One day while generally surfing on the net, I came across my post on my friend's blog, which had a lot of comments below it. The first comment itself made me sit up and take notice and this is what it had to say-
Hi there, I came across your blog & had to comment. I was Vianna Stibal's daughter-in-law for 7 years, and after her son, Josh, left me pregnant w/ our 4th child (for a mistress welcomed into "THInK"), I did some research. Not only did Josh con people out of over $100,000, but ThetaHealing is a well orchestrated lie. Vianna is not a naturopath, as she claims. They've given out illegal Doctorate Degrees. (Vianna didn't even graduate from high school)And, from my research she did NOT heal herself of cancer (and it looks as though she never even had it). She is a charlatan. TH is a well orchestrated pyramid scheme, with deceit at its core. There is a major lawsuit currently... people are asking for their money back. Please just look around before you invest anymore time or money. If you still choose to use ThetaHealing, then I only wish you well! I discuss this on my blog if you care to look... Best to you in everything, Lindsey Stock 

Along with this comment, she had posted the link to her blog- donttreadontruth

I was quite taken aback with this comment and figured that this woman is obviously very disturbed and full of hate and spite to be googling random sites on Theta and posting comments with the aim of discrediting her ex- Mother in Law and must obviously have serious head issues to have created a whole blog dedicated to bringing her down! I've watched enough saas-bahu TV serials on Star Plus (or heard their story lines anyway) and figured the lady was probably just extremely, extremely bitter. Since I have Vianna Stibal as a friend on Facebook, I immediately sent her the email regarding this comment and made her aware if she wasn't already, that such a blog existed. Curiosity got the better of me and I began to check it out myself and read through a lot of her posts. I expected them to be just rants and complaints from different people for whom Theta might not have worked, or worse, from people who hadn't even tried it but were non-believers. What I found however, were some very relevant posts that asked a lot of pertinent questions about Vianna and Theta- Basic ones, that I had not even bothered to ask. Starting with the basic, How do we know for sure she even HAD cancer? (she claimed to have cured herself of the disease) to questioning about witnesses or documented scientific proof that there was some truth to Theta Healing. I felt (and feel) like a real idiot. After spending so much time, money and effort into a modality that claimed to cure cancer and HIV, turn water into juice, move physical objects and nature's elements, and TELEPORTATION (yup, that's a biggie!) I never even bothered to ask for some PROOF that any one single person who had done the highest of levels, or that Vianna herself, had had any success in performing any of these miracles. The students who had completed the highest of levels simply said they were not allowed to demonstrate these special powers, and recently a family member of mine who has gone through all the levels admits that he himself has not been able to perform (for lack of a better word) any of these, but that others in his class were. He also added that even they, despite being his classmates, were "not allowed to"show him their abilities. Back to the night I read the lady's blog, I spent a few hours going through her posts before finally relenting and going to sleep. The next morning I'd received a message from Vianna on Facebook that I'm copying and pasting here-
 Vianna Stibal
  • yep shes my ex daughter in law my son left her for another woman I dont know why she pulled me in to this but hes taking her to court soon so I guess it will get interesting. You know I gave her so much money it wasnt even funny.I took her to hawaii .she was such abad daughter in law. She is as strange as she sounds she took the grand kid and moved to vagas poor little kids.


Ok so now I'm thinking, I get crazy lady who is vengeful after being left while she's pregnant with her 4th child but THIS?! This email coming from a person who is a spiritual leader to TENS OF THOUSANDS of people following her, and who has specific courses in Theta that help in getting people rid of prejudices against specific people, races and traditions (it is called Theta World Relations) and who has started a healing modality, the basis of which is "Creator's Unconditional Love"??!! From that moment on, I had nothing to do with Theta Healing again.

I understand when a lot of the Theta practitioners tried to explain to me that "she's only human" and had all different types of excuses for this message. I just couldn't help feeling like a bit of chump, given that I was looking for someone to help me grow spiritually and was paying money to people to take courses from them or go to them for "healing" while I feel I should have gone back to the basics- meditation and prayer. I today believe that meditation gives a person the same type of "high" that I was feeling during those weeks. Moreover I know a whole bunch of people who used Theta heavily for "manifestation" including using it for every day use like finding parking spots or winning at Poker to using it for bigger things like attracting their soulmates or increasing the flow of money in their lives. Most of these people that I know personally, have not seen any massive changes (if any) in their lives and in the long run, neither have I. Mind you, I don't want to receive hate mail from believers, neither am I saying that the Theta Healers are frauds. This post is just a continuation of one I'd written a year back, as I only think it's fair for me to finish the story and not have someone take a course or have anything to do with Theta only after reading my rave review. I just wanted to present all my facts and then let you make of it what you will.
-
And if you haven't visited my blog over the past few days, you might not know that you have until the 31st of March to follow 3 easy steps that could potentially make you the proud owner of the Apple iPad!!!! Go here for details- http://www.kiranscorner.com/2011/03/win-ipad-with-kirans-corner-and-jumbo.html
-
-

9 comments:

Kamal Dhanwani said...

Thank you for blogging with a lot more rationality on this subject. Pls make sure Mahiyu reads it she almost became a sucker to this and your earlier blog re assured her she is right.
This is simple meditation in a different package!!!

Kiran Chhabria said...

Oops.. that's what I was worried about- me becoming a poster child for something I don't believe in and am not a part of anymore.Having said that, I'm glad I went through the journey myself to be able to judge things for myself, and M should be allowed to as well- There really isn't any "right" or "wrong". Unfortunately I've jumped off the "spiritual" bandwagon for now. I still am interested in doing courses like the Landmark Forum and am curious to study religious texts from different religions though.. so I'm on a bit of a different trip now :) I will point out my post to her though!

Unknown said...

Your comments re Theta Healing is spot on. Like yourself, many are finding that it doesn't work; there's no long-lasting value. Vianna Stibal slams her ex daughter-in-law Lindsey for being "as strange as she sounds". Untrue. She is an educated young mother with a conscience to help others avoid the trap of Theta Healing. Vianna teaches ridiculous and unfounded concepts for money, a lot of money. Lindsey is not crazy and she was not a bad daughter-in-law. Furthermore, she never got "so much money it wasnt even funny". Never happened. She was not singled out with the trip to Hawaii. Vianna has taken all her kids and families on major trips. Lindsey was smart enough to take her children away from a very bad and dishonest environment. BTW: It's "Vegas" Vianna, not vagas. "poor little kids"? Hardly. They are loved, appreciated and safe from fraudulent teachings. Can't ask for more than that!

Unknown said...

ANYTHING similar or even close to this is all FAKE. More than anything like prayer or religion or anything else, the one thing that people really don't have is FAITH. Faith in themselves or in GOD. Thats why they seek someone who can assure them that everything is alright even fakesters like the one mentioned. You want to heal yourselves - go to your respective prayer centres and you will discover everything over there free of cost/guilt/being conned.

Perry O. Veritas said...

Kiran Chhabria: Thanks for your insightful blog post on Theta healing.
In response to your curiosity about attending classes by The Landmark Forum - please, please, please - do exhaustive research into this group before giving them any of your money, or investing any of your time with them. They are widely known to use mind-control methods used by cultic groups and their methods are based on the same ones used by the "church" of scientology to recruit and control their members. Specifically, look up criticisms of Large Group Awareness Trainings (or LGAT) to learn more about the Landmark Forum. You will find countless similarities between them and Theta Healing.

Good luck to you in your continued spiritual journey. But beware of false prophets. Anyone who tells you they have all of the answers to life's questions of that they have quick fixes along the path to enlightenment is the very definition of Fraud.

-Perry O'Veritas.

Twnklegirl said...

I am researching Theta cause again like you I enjoy l
Healing types of trainings. I appreciate your post because I have spent so much money on trainings like these... Including the Landmark Forum. It was interesting but again, the work is good in the moment and doesn't stick. I did however enjoy PSI Seminars the Basic course and PSI 7. I do have lasting memories from those classes. Again, I am getting more skeptical as to whether these things work. I spent over $10,000 at PSI Seminars. I think I'm done with this stuff. Best of Luck on your Journey! Thanks for Sharing.

Sylkflow said...

Kiran, thank you for letting us know you have changed your mind about Theta. It was your other post that made me think it was solid and sound, but I am glad I found this writing. I almost consulted someone here on the island, but for now I will just stick to yoga. Love your openness and down to earth view. Wishing happiness, So.

TDinammon said...

Theta is a joke , I was used as a pawn in a practitioners plan to get revenge on her ex .. professional boundaries crossed and I'm out a lot of money now and have been left more messed up than I was , Vianna knows of many of this teachers wrong doings and does nothing about it .. it's all a brainwashing money making scam

TDinammon said...

Theta is a horrible scam , I was taken advantage of by a practitioner in ammon , took my money , used me to get back at an ex .. yep you got it , we dated and slept together for over a year until the truth came out , found out she cheated on me , I know she had an affair with a married man here in idaho falls , a professional , so she has crossed professional lines before and wld even use his wife for her services ., how can you be a therapist and help people who. She apparently has no conscience about getting a service from the wife of the man you are sleeping with ???. all of this known by vianna .. I'm telling you these are some bizzare people ... I spent thousands of dollars on therapy before being manipulated by her while in a vulnerable State when my son died , she was also seen by a woman I was trying to work things out with and when my son died she began telling her one thing and me another so we split all the way apart and wasn't long after that she made her move on me , in subtle ways at first but more open as the weeks went on and as I said , I was not in a good State of mind from losing my son and I fell right into her trap because I trusted and believed in her and she always told me what a great man I was and wld find that great woman .. well what greater woman cld there be for me at that time ?? She's beautiful and I trusted her with my emotions and all the private things in my life , then suddenly when my feelings become to involved after being led on , she kicked me to the curb without a reason , a goodbye , or anything .. just some cops saying she doesn't want contact with you anymore .. These people are sick , selfish , self entitled scum .. The person who recommended her to me was her ex , who is an an attorney for vianna too , so as you can see , if any of this makes sense , I have been drawn into a sick messed up situation by these people and I'm no better off , in fact I'm worse of , than I was before and I'm out thousands and thousands of dollars for useless therapy plus all the thousands of dollars I spent on her buying her things all under the belief she was in love with me .. I'm sick to my stomach over all this .. Please everyone stay away from these people and if another lawsuit comes up in idaho falls I will be glad to help bring them all down .. hell I'd like to sue them but I don't know if I have an actual case .. Please be careful of them all

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails