Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Customized Macbook Air!

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. I love products that are absolutely unique and have some personal touch to them. Remember my M&M's?? Well, since I personalized my chocolate, you obviously would think I'd do SOMETHING to my computer right? Right!
As part of my birthday present to myself, I decided to buy myself a New Macbook Air. My old one was the 13 inch but since I visit coffee shops A LOT (I'm practically furniture at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf and Shakespeare outlets near my house) I wanted a smaller one that I could tote around to blog on as my iPad doesn't quite do the job. Enter 11 inch Macbook Air and Steve Jobs had me salivating to pick one up ASAP!
Since I wanted to play around with the look of it, I was contemplating between having 2 companies customizing the product for me. Colorware is a company that customizes the entire look of the product for you so you can pick your own colours and finishes and make your phone, ipad or computer look exactly the way YOU want it to look. A friend of mine had gifted me a blackberry that they'd customized into an orange-berry and I LOVED it and used that phone for the longest time! Another company that I love is Gelaskin who do stickers or "skins" on a whole variety of products, which is how I'd redone my old iPad and iPhone. Since Colorware is very expensive to use, I'd resisted getting a computer of mine done since it would mostly be used at home, but since I'd be toting my 11 inch quite a lot, I figured I'd splurge and allow myself to customize the computer since I'd been lusting after them for a WHILE now. Then I decided to splurge a little more and get the Gelaskin as well as I was ordering them for my new phones and iPad2, and they had a "buy 3 get 1 free" offer. Anyhow, I can pull off the sticker anytime I like and amazingly, the skins don't leave any gunk behind so I wasn't worried at all. This is what the finished product looks like!
I absolutely LOVE my little computer and think Colorware have done a fabulous job... and since colour-blocking is SO in, but latest gadget is also SO on trend ;) I think the Gelaskin is also such a fab addition to the look. I'll post up the picture of my other devices soon so you can see how the skins have completely transformed the look and feel of them! By the way, if you already own a device and want to have it customized, Colorware allows most of the products to be sent in and shipped back with it customized. However that service is available for the US only, so if you're visiting the States over the summer, definitely something to think about sending your favourite Jumbo-bought (natch!) gizmos for a quick facelift to them! A little nip and tuck could take you a long way!
-

1 comment:

Sunil Lalvani said...

That is SO cool ! Not only will I order one for my iPhone, but I would consider buying an Air (running Windows 7 OF COURSE) just so I can get one of these skins ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails