Monday, August 09, 2010

Brazilian Blowout for frizzy, curly, unmanageable hair!

Nobody really ever believes what my hair looks like when it's not professionally styled. I'm lucky as I live in Dubai and it's easy (and relatively cheap) to run to a salon and get a quick wash and blow dry every couple of days. When I was back in college and lived on a tight budget to not be able to afford that luxury, it would take me up to 2 hours to try to get my hair manageable, and even then the effect wouldn't last very long. Think curly, frizzy, tangled mess! A few years back I did the Japanese straightening which I thought was God sent.. till my hair started growing out at the roots and looked even worse! Imagine frizzy roots at the top with limp, lifeless hair at the bottom- not a good look! After having the procedure done a couple of times, I realized it was doing more harm than good, and had severely damaged my hair over the years.
Recently I started seeing the Brazilian Keratin treatment offered all over Dubai, and was told by various people to try it. I'd read about how bad it was for the health (it contains Formaldehyde and could cause poisoning) and I decided I'd do proper research on it and if at all, do it in NY. When I came here, I read about the treatment Brazilian Blowout and read about how it differed from the Keratin treatment- it contained no Formaldehyde and so was more natural to use, and didn't require a 3 day wait period between washes. I did some research and decided to go to the Rita Hazan salon to give it a try.
Rita Hazan is probably one of the most famous colourists in the US today, as she is widely known for colouring celebrities like Jessica Simpson and Jennifer Lopez. While I personally LOVE my hair stylist and colourist at Frederic Fekkai, I like the more natural, barely-coloured look. If you like to go a lot lighter, or like having a lot more streaks and colour in your hair (basically if you like the JLo look) then Rita is the one for you!
                                       (Here is a pic of her posing with Jessica Simpson)
Anyhow, I had read great reviews of them doing the Brazilian Blowout in her salon, so I set up and appointment and went. The procedure was so much simpler than my Japanese treatment, and took less than 2 hours from start to finish. There were no icky smelling chemicals, and no damaging of hair. They just washed it, put in the treatment, and blow dried it straight, and then ran a flat iron through it. That's it! I waited 2 days before washing it, and the results have just blown me away. If you have frizzy hair and always wanted it smooth, I'll just say this- THE BRAZILIAN BLOWOUT IS THE ANSWER TO YOUR PRAYERS! It has left in the body in my hair, so it doesn't look limp and horrible, and after washing it and just leaving it to air dry, I had these lovely waves in my hair like girls do after a day at the beach. Girls with naturally gorgeous hair that is, who probably work quite hard to get their hair to look like that.. all of a sudden, my hair air dried that way!! And it's absolutely silky smooth and soooo shiny! The best part is that it washes out and lasts about 3 months. While you may wonder that it's quite expensive for a treatment that lasts such a short time, trust me- you don't want one that lasts till your hair grows out! Here is a before and after pic I found on their website, and while I think you would still need a hair dryer to get the hair that straight (it doesn't make the hair this straight naturally) they aren't exaggerating on how shiny and soft it looks. My best friend kept thinking my hair was still damp, when it was in fact completely dry.
 I can't stress how happy I am with the procedure. I can't wait for my hair to grow long again so I can run my hands through it! I don't know where they do the Brazilian Blowout in Dubai, but if you happen to be coming to NYC, the Rita Hazan Salon was really good. If you live in the US, click here to find a salon closest to you that offers it.
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails