Thursday, August 19, 2010

Random pics from here and there...

If you've been following me on Twitter, you might have seen some of these pictures already. They are random shots I've taken over the past week on my new Blackberry Torch. The picture quality isn't great, but some are interesting and some are funny-
You know a brand (or more specifically, a bag) has gone downhill when you see it on a dirty cart along with all the other fakes in NYC. I was actually walking to Hermes, when I saw this and snapped up a picture. The salesman at the store said he'd seen fakes in many interesting spots (including apparently, a monastery in Florence!) but never one on a cart. The sad part? It was actually one of the best knock-offs I've seen- and I've seen quite a few! Actually I think the saddest part of the story was that I was carrying mine while snapping up this picture, and the guy offered me the one on the cart for 55 bucks... around 1% of the original!

Note to self- never try the zoom function on a blackberry unless you want unrecognizably blurry pictures. This is one I snapped up on my way home at like 2 or 3 at night- a cab driver had driven into a baby store. When my friend and I walked over the cop and asked her, "What happened? Was the cabbie drunk?" she responded with a straight face, "Nope.. he's just a New York cab driver" as in he doesn't quite need an excuse to drive like this!
 For a boy, these are just a pair of shoes. For a girl, these are the most lust-worthy, stunning pair of booties on the market today! Made by Givenchy, at sale in Barneys.
My friend pointed out this picture to me at his gym and I couldn't stop laughing. They had featured a "before" and "after" wall that I guess was meant to motivate people to go more often. This one, had the opposite desired effect though, as it looked like the girl in the picture dropped a little more than just her weight. Look at her t-shirts in the picture- she went "Harvard" to "Oklahoma"- that's quite a huge drop in brain cells too! Still cracks me up.
Why.. Oh WHY would anyone name their company that? And while I was snapping up the picture (and laughing on the sidewalk) the guy in the truck yelled, "we are a great company!" I believe you buddy. Just please change your name!

And if you are on Twitter and aren't following me yet, click here to change that :)
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails