Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Fashion laptops

There was once a time that computers used to be these whitish-beige ugly clunky things that took way too much space on a persons desk. Then came portable laptops, that still remained fairly clunky and still way too ugly. It is really thanks to Apple that fashionable computing first came to be. Most people probably think I'm referring to the iBooks, but what I'm really talking about is the PowerMac that came even way before that. I've written about my first Mac here, and i'm posting a picture of it below to show you how innovative and personalize-able Apple computers were even way back then.

Anyhow, I'm completely digressing from the point of this post! Recently I've been noticing a trend where IT and tech companies are also becoming very fashion conscious and are following fashion trends to keep up with consumer tastes and preferences.

In Sex & The City 2, Carrie ditches her trusted Mac and gets fashion (not to mention weight and budget) conscious and carries an HP netbook instead. Now this is Carrie we're talking about- no regular netbook will do for her. She instead opts for the gorgeous Vivienne Tam designed HP "butterfly" netbook, which thanks to the endorsement, started selling on internet fashion mecca, Net-a-Porter. Of course, if in the UAE you only need to venture to your nearest Jumbo store to find one!
In keeping with the fluorescent trend from the 80's that's been popping up on catwalks all over, Sony has recently launched their Vaio P in a range of bright, neon colours. The Vaio P is Sony's tiniest laptop, which can easily be tucked into ones jeans pocket (just don't sit down!) and has been available for some time now. Not only is it getting an upgrade from the inside, the outside reminds me of frozen popsicles! They look gorgeous, and I'm especially loving the hot pink version-
Sony India also took to hiring Kareena Kapoor (famous Bollywood actress) to launch their own line of the Vaio "Vivid" line.  These are slightly larger than the P line above, and are more powerful, but just as portable. I think she looks gorgeous, as do the laptops!


My favourite ultra portable laptop though remains the Sony Vaio X. It isn't colourful or designed by an ultra famous designer, but keeping in line with the fashion industry (and Kareena) it's the "size 0" of laptops. I LOVE mine, and have the higher spec one where I can put my 3G chip in it and use it on the go, just as I can my iPad. Here is what it looks like-
What is your pick for Tech this season??

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails