Monday, June 14, 2010

Review of JAL Fujairah

Sorry for the long break in posting guys, but I had gone to Fujairah for the weekend for a friend's birthday. I've been to the JAL resort before and loved the place, so this time I went armed with my camera to take a few pics and show you what it's like.
My friend wanted to get out of Dubai with her friends for a few days but wanted it to be convenient and budget friendly. She spoke to her travel agent who hooked her up with rooms for ONLY Dhs 385 a night!!!! As you can see, the rooms are quite nice, and even though JAL is not one of the larger more popular chain hotels (it is owned by Japan Airlines, hence the name) it, in true Japanese style, is simple, clean and efficient. I've been to the Meridien also in Fujairah, and thought JAL was so much nicer as it has 3 pools (so you can be away from screaming kids) but also a large stretch of beach and tons of water sports, so in case you are the bearer of said screaming kids, you can entertain them for hours on end! They also have a library if you want some quiet time, and a nice bar which got extremely loud during the football matches. Overall, I highly recommend the hotel, and since Fujairah is only 2 hours away from Dubai, I think it's a great place for a mini vacation. Oh and the weather was a lot cooler there- not that that's saying much, but I'd never want to be outdoors in a pool in Dubai. We spent quite a few hours outdoors there without feeling it!
                 The lobby area, that in the evenings has a live harpist playing soothing music
       Nice clean bedrooms with a good-sized bathroom which is stocked with Bulgari bath products.
There is a balcony attached to each room (all rooms overlook the sea) where you can have a cup of tea  or your morning breakfast.
                                          View from the balcony, of one of the 3 pools
The bar area, minus the frenzied football fans! Has more tv screens behind where I'm standing too.
To help you guys get the same amazing rate as my friend got us, I asked her to give me the details of her travel agent. She used "Solace Holidays" in Dubai. Their number is (04) 3573447 and their email address is info@solace.ae and their website is www.solace.ae.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Pallav Pathak said...

Aah! I love the pics! And Fujairah is definitely cooler than Dubai. -_-

Anonymous said...

A great holiday destination.And the pics were great.You must have enjoyed this beautiful place.......

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails