Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Finally!! An iPhone 4 proximity sensor issue workaround!!

While I was in the US I wasn't really using my iPhone and was on my Blackberry Torch instead. In the past week that I've been back however, my iPhone 4 frustrations have been growing exponentially each day. I have not been able to make a SINGLE phone call, even one that is only 2 minutes long, that doesn't hang up, get put on hold, on speakerphone, or try to connect via FaceTime. Sometimes I'll be talking into the phone only to hear the phone go off (my face has hung up the call) or have the other person say "hello" repeatedly back to me, as I've put myself on mute. If you've been reading my blog or following me on Twitter, my issues will be hardly new to you as you would have heard me complain about my phone. A friend of mine casually told me about this App yesterday that could help me with my issues- it's called Call Guard and the idea behind it is so simple, it's stupid that nobody has thought about it before. When you're on a call, you basically have to use the Multitasking option of the phone to open the app (you have to double click the Home screen button and then click on "Call Guard") and it opens up a blank screen that looks like this-
The App only costs 99 cents on the US iTunes store (I haven't checked if it's available in the international stores too) and is worth every single penny, or cent in this case! It also tells you how many times you have accidentally hit the phone by counting the unintentional taps to the screen and shows up like this-
I got off the phone after a 15 minute phone conversation this morning, while lying in bed. That would NOT have been possible only yesterday, as having conversations while holding the phone straight to my ear carefully, while sitting upright at my desk is barely possible. On hanging up the phone I glanced down at my screen- 194 unwanted touches!!! 
If the iPhone 4 was made by ANY other company apart from Apple, they would have had a factory recall for the piece. However, my secretary desperately wanted me to carry back one for her (despite seeing how many issues I had with it) and each time I went to the store, there was a line with a wait time of at least an hour each time they had the phone in stock. Well, I guess I'm the idiot who despite owning an electronics company is still breaking my head with a phone that- for all purposes- does not work properly, at least as a phone. It doesn't help that I have a billion apps on it that I can't do without, and I love the camera on my phone too, which is very important to have especially if you're a blogger. I have also spent a bit of money on it recently cute-ning up my phone.

I got new customized decal for it to match the new look of my blog... Isn't it adorable?

And this is a cover for my iPhone 4- yes, it's very bling, and yes, it's Hello Kitty... but I just absolutely LOVE it! 

If you love your bling or are a Hello Kitty fan too, you can check out the online store I bought it from- http://www.etsy.com/shop/pinkyanela.
-

3 comments:

John Lipsey said...

Thanks for the tip. I thought I was going crazy!

Kiran Chhabria said...

You're welcome :)

The TEK Meister! said...

I too am having a lot of probs with the phone especially with call signal strength and calls getting diconnected . . . .weird!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails