Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Slingbox-The TV addicts dream come true!

I don't know if you guys have ever heard of the Slingbox or not, but I'm SO excited I finally have mine up and running, I just HAVE to do a blog post about it! The Slingbox is essentially a device that lets you connect wirelessly to your home TV from any computer or a whole slew of mobile devices out there today. So lets say I set up my Slingbox in the US, to my cable box on which I have over a 100 channels and have the ability to record shows. In essence, while traveling anywhere in the world, I have access to my cable box to be able to view live TV, or even record shows, or watch pre-recorded shows on my computer or my iPhone! Since my apartment will be unoccupied while I'm away, I don't have to worry about changing channels or programming stuff on my device, as changing the channel on my computer, would change it automatically for someone watching TV in my home. However, if you do have friends who wouldn't mind letting you have access to their cable box, this really is SUCH a great device to have. Alternatively, I remember seeing companies out there who charge a monthly fee to host a slingbox for you, but I remember them being quite expensive. Either way, it might be something you might want to look into. Insomnia in Dubai will just never be the same!

-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails