Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My tennis hangover...

If you've been reading my blog for a while or alternatively following me on Twitter, you'll know that I'm a die-hard Federer fan. I was so looking forward to going for the US Open men's finals this year, and was hoping I'd get to watch a legendary Nadal-Federer match, but alas, it was not meant to be. I almost cried when Federer lost to Djokovic in the semi-finals and had promised myself I wouldn't even bother seeing the Finals- till of course, when the match started two days later, I did. While I still absolutely LOVE R-Fed, I did soften up to Djokovic in the finals and did think he played extremely well... and of course his boyish good looks didn't hurt either.
After Nadal won the Final, it was too much for me bear to watch him accept his trophy (and as I later saw, bite into it?!) so I quickly changed the channel. Someone mentioned that Djokovic gave a great speech at the end which is what I was trying to find on YouTube, when I came across these videos. They are hilarious! If you're a tennis fan and haven't seen Novak's imitation of his peers, this is a must see!-

I love his Federer ballet-dancer like imitation!! So spot on. One thing he missed in the Nadal impersonation though, is the amount Nadal yanks at his underwear! This he captured perfectly here-

He is pretty funny! But nothing can beat his ad for Head... the funniest thing I've seen in a while-


But for the fellow Federer fans out there, here's a little clip to make you happy. This is the most perfect shot R-Fed ever played and by his own admission, the greatest shot he ever hit in his life. Amazing!
Incidentally, he gave a repeat performance of that very shot one year later, a few days back at the US Open 2010. And this time again, he got it over the net, beating his opponent yet again.

And this is for both, fans of Federer and Djokovic- Something to make you smile...

Forget about a tennis hangover, I think I still have full on tennis fever!!!
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails