Monday, September 13, 2010

My new Hermes Lizard Birkin

When I'd posted about my trip to Chicago a few days back, I'd promised I'd post pictures of an exciting little shopping find I'd picked  there. While in the Hermes store, I got really, REALLY lucky and found this tiny little lizard skin Birkin that I instantly fell in love with and just had to have. I've seen lizard skin Kelly Pochettes (the teeny-tiny little Kelly bags) and the skin used in clutches and other wallets (I have a beautiful red, shiny lizard one myself) but have never seen it used on a Birkin. Moreover, I've seen the lizard skin in a single colour, both in shiny and matte, but have never seen it with this effect, except for on the trimming of this Gige clutch of mine. Either way, it's absolutely gorgeous, and I'm so happy it's mine! The pictures SO don't do it justice.
While it looks quite large in the pictures, it's actually really tiny as it is in the 25 cms size, and wouldn't look weird being carried in the evening. Here is a pic of it next to my size 35 one, to get an idea of how small it is-
What I'm so happy about, is that this piece is probably more rare to find than even a Croc! All in all, a very lucky buy.
-

6 comments:

Confashion said...

a sight for sore eyes ;)
Beautiful! congrats :)

Kiran Chhabria said...

Thank you!! :)

Cez said...

Wow!!!! I'd say the lizard one is so niceeee!!!

Cez said...

WOW!!!! The Lizard bag is one good find!!! If you can possibly p0st more pics for this one and the reversible Hermés tote.Thanks for sharing.

Kiran Chhabria said...

Hi Cez, Unfortunately I took the reversible tote back to Hermes. If you can please let me know what type of pictures you're looking for with the lizard one, I'll be most happy to oblige.

Brian Zhao said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous bag with an exquisite design!! You are so lucky!!

If i may ask, how much did you get the lizard birkin for?
I am interested in buying a lizard product from Hermes but am not sure about the price.

Thanks so much in advance!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails