Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Giambattista Valli for Moncler

Giambattista Valli is one of my most favourite designers. His clothes are stylish while still being different and is quickly etching his name in the fashion world. I've had the pleasure of speaking to him over the phone a couple of times (work-related stuff), and he just sounds oh-so-sexy!
While shopping in Barneys yesterday I saw these two jackets hanging on the railings and recognized the signature Valli style and print from last season. I went towards it and saw the tag and it said "Moncler." Ok, so I know that Moncler has been making waves by moving away from their puffer jacket image, and making gorgeous, embelished jackets in different fits and styles, but would they imitate a Valli look to this extent?? I searched through the jacket to get to the tags and found nothing mentioned there, and was literally scanning both the jackets inside out before a sales person behind me said, "you can try them if you want?" I asked him about my confusion and he clarified that Giambattista Valli designs a line for Moncler called "Gamme Rouge" (red leg??) and these jackets were a part of that collection. Turns out, he's been designing for them for a few years now, so shows how much I know!

1 comment:

Confashion said...

Siiiigh GORGEOUS!!

I had the same reaction last year too :)
http://www.confashionsfromkuwait.com/2009/07/to-hunting-we-shall-go.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails