Saturday, July 10, 2010

Restaurant Review- La Petite Maison in London

(Image courtesy of wheresbest.co.uk)

 My first thought on entering "La Petite Maison" was.. WOW. The restaurant was loud and the vibe, laid back chic. You had men in jackets, and women wearing their most stylish summer finds, and yet the guy sitting at our neighboring table in trackpants didn't look out of place at all. A friend of mine had to pull some strings to get us a table there, and I'm so glad he did. The food is meant to be had sharing style, and the appetizers especially came in small sizes and were delicious!
The pic above is the remains of the 3 orders of Buratta we ordered for the table. It was fresh, light and unlike hardened buffalo mozzarella, wasn't chewy at all. By far my favourite dish, and a must try.
                                      This is a pic of our French Beans with Foie Gras
The green lentil salad was also yummy. Mind you these are all multiple portions of the dishes in case you're wondering what part of these appetizers look "small" to me!

Alas I got so engrossed in the food and conversation, that I didn't take pictures of the main course and desert (yes, after all that food we actually had desert too). However, I can vouch for the fact that they were delish. What I liked about the food was that usually fancy restaurants tend to put you on a carb fest or cook things with tons of butter and cheese. At LPM, it is actually possible to enjoy some really tasty and great cuisine with it being more fresh and light than other places. While Waterside Inn was another place I reviewed and loved and would like to go back to sometime, LPM is a place that's going to go on my "Must Do in London" list for next time. I hope you take my advice, and put it on yours too.

Check out the restaurant's website at http://www.lpmlondon.co.uk/
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails