Sunday, July 11, 2010

WELCOME TO NEW YORK!!!!

If you've been reading my blog recently, you'll know that I've packed bag and baggage and come to spend two months in New York City. NY is by far my most favourite place in the world, and there's nothing more I love more than spending time here- either going out and having fun with friends, or spending some time alone and really discovering myself. I'd even written an article in Khaleej Times about my love for the city here and another how-to guide on NY- where to go, places to see, etc, here. My visits here are so therapeutic and I always go back home to Dubai feeling well rested, happier, more positive, and most importantly, more alive! Can you imagine a city being able to do all of that? It was no surprise to my family then, when I finally made up my mind and decided to have a pied-a-terre of my own here, and flew down in March to complete the deal and pick up the keys to my dream apartment.

I figured since New York would be bringing so many changes for me, it was only fair for me to bring those changes to my blog as well, and have a different look and feel for these 2 months. Do you guys like the new look?? The gorgeous Anoushka Valrani got to work again and designed this very cute and stylish header for me and I absolutely love it. Since I'm out and about in the City for the most part of the day, I'm going to also be looking at a bit of a different approach for Kiran's Corner. Expect to see a lot more New York based posts- be it restaurant reviews, or more stuff about shopping and fashion, and as I go through my two months of visiting museums, taking courses and doing other interesting stuff, I'll go about blogging through my day and hopefully you guys will find the "diary-style" of posts interesting too. In the meantime, would love to hear some feedback from you about whether you like the new look, what you guys might be interested in reading about, anything in particular you guys enjoy about the blog or of course, don't! Would love to hear from you either in the comments below, via email, on Facebook or Twitter! Whew, lots of options. I'm SO going to love spending my time here, and I'm hoping you enjoy going through the journey with me. Sending you tons of love from NY! xoxo

PS: Saw this guy hanging around outside the Apple store yesterday and snapped up a pic. Only in NY!!!
-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done! Love the change and love the look! Cant wait to read more of the NY based blog

Anonymous said...

Yeah the new look is definitely hipper....its very nice to look at and feels more livelier & exuberant...same as your holiday mood perhaps..!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails