Saturday, July 03, 2010

It's in the bag!

If your'e following me on Twitter you'll know I am currently in London. I'm here for a few days before I finally reach NYC for two whole months to get away from the Dubai heat! I am used to traveling for a month at a time, but this year I decided to leave for longer as I wanted to enjoy my newly acquired apartment in NY. While it sounded grand to "take off for the entire summer," it wasn't so grand when I was posed with one small problem- Packing!! I hate to pack, and I'm NOT a light packer. I figured while I could travel light on clothes and buy the rest there, I wanted to be able to pack enough accessories so as to not get bored (or boring!) while I'm out. Because I travel so much, I've become a pro at picking travel-friendly bags that fold up and go straight into my suitcase without taking much space at all. Here are the bags I'm taking with me, and might give you an idea on what to carry (or buy) if you're heading out for the summer-
I LOVE my personalized Goyard shopper! Is lightweight and takes up no space and is so much nicer than those LV Neverfull's everyone and their mothers are carrying around. Do NOT look like a Stepford wife... Opt for Goyard instead.
I bought my limited edition LV bag from NY when I was there a few months bag. It looked so trendy when people were carrying it around and I just HAD to have it. Then I brought it back to Dubai and it just looked terribly out of place- like it belonged to a homeless person or something! Am taking it back home :)
I had a friend buy me this Hermes SilkyCity when she was visiting Paris as the stores in Dubai weren't going to get any stock of them. In essence they are two silk scarves sewn together with a bit of leather detailing and a long strap to wear it as a cross bag. Again, she didn't quite get it, but I love it!
I bought my customized Meli Melo Bon Bon bag from my friend Vandana Bhatia's Trunk show for her brand, Odyssey. I think it's SO cute and yet so stylish, and packs absolutely flat in your luggage. Another bag that doesn't quite "belong" in Dubai, if you know what I mean.
I love the Hermes Jige clutches and have them in all different colours. The ones I get the most use out of though, are these two. When I go out at night, apart from the obvious money and keys, etc, I need to carry my two phones and a camera- these fit everything without a problem, and go with everything!
And this is the bag I'll be hand carrying with me while everything else gets packed. I usually travel with my black one, but since its summer I figured I'd use the tan one instead. Again, used to be one of my favourite bags till is now just worn to death in Dubai, so I mostly travel with my regular leather ones. I also added this chain detailing on it- think it looks cute.

Hope you got a few good ideas from this post. I'll do a shoe one soon on comfy and stylish shoes to travel with.
Also I've been leaning towards the tech side of things lately, but now that I'm traveling, be on the lookout for a lot of shopping posts for you girls out there. Tune in!
-

1 comment:

Niharika Aram said...

just read this post (I'm a little behind)...Love your travelling handbags. I have a similar system. Although this time, I carried two handbags with me, as hand luggage, from Dubai to Europe, my baby blue Hermes and a fabulous new Tods orange bag. A little mismatched but great way for me to seperate things between the bags:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails