Sunday, July 04, 2010

Restaurant Review- The Waterside Inn

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm currently spending a couple of days in London before I head to NY for the summer. My sister and brother in law are here too and we decided to drive an hour out of the city to have a nice lunch yesterday at the 3 star Michelin restaurant, "The Waterside Inn." Since my late Father had a fetish for great French food, my sister and I grew up dining at Michel Roux's "Le Gavroche," one of the best French restaurants in London, and in my opinion, the world. The Waterside Inn is being run by Michel Roux's son, Alain Roux, and I could clearly see the talent of the father has been passed onto the son. The food was amazing (Gavroche still remains my #1 though) and with the great weather we enjoyed yesterday, the surroundings couldn't have been more pleasant. Here are some pictures I took-
The outside of the restaurant gave no hints as to how gorgeous the view would be on the other side. Aperitifs were served out on the deck overlooking this gorgeous lake.
We enjoyed a few bites of food and some champagne before sitting down to our meal. Since we wanted to try everything, we got the pre-fixed tasting menu.. we were there for a while!

For the main course, I had the lamb while my sister went for the vegetarian option. It tasted as great as it looks!
There was a lovely cheese trolley as well as a desert option, which was a mix of 3 for the sweet toothed
While out on the deck enjoying our coffee, we caught a bride and groom who had chosen the Waterside Inn as their wedding venue
                                 And as my Father would say, All's well that ends well!

I highly recommend a visit to this lovely restaurant if you enjoy French food. Make a reservation early though, as it is a very popular choice for the well-heeled.
-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This website is the most suitable I appreciated it quite a bit

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails