Sunday, November 07, 2010

Cigars and the Sony SLT-A55

If you saw my Diwali video you'd know that I got the new (and yet unreleased) Sony A55 to play with. I've been trying to use this camera extensively so I can do a proper review on it (coming soon!) and consequently, lugging it around with me everywhere I go. I went to a very interesting event 2 days back on cigars where an expert showed us how to perfectly roll one.. in a dimly lit cigar bar. So out came my camera to test the sensor without flash, and I'm quite happy with the results, considering I had no tripod with me.
We were also made to try a cigar called the Behike, which was described to us as being the best cigar ever made (that was not limited edition) and "the Rolls Royce Phantom of cigars." Ok I would give you a review of the cigar here, if I knew ANYTHING of cigars.. but I will tell you this much- I had taken a friend along who is a cigar fanatic and he was in BLISS. He actually said that the cigar was such a waste as he would have loved to be sitting alone somewhere, enjoying it while watching the Sopranos on TV. Hmm.. I am still trying not to take that too personally ;) As for me, I was just shocked when I heard how much the particular cigar would cost when it is launched into the market later this year. People pay HOW MUCH for a cigar?! I think I'll just stick to taking the pictures.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails