Saturday, November 06, 2010

Diwali Weekend Video!

Happy Diwali everyone!! I hope all of you had a fabulous weekend, especially the Indians who celebrated a very special day. Diwali is a celebration for Hindus about the conquering of good over evil, and is also known as the festival of lights. To know more about how I celebrate Diwali, check out my article I'd posted here a few days back that talks about what traditions I follow in my home and what Diwali means to me. In it I'd written about how Diwali represents the 3 F's for me- Food, Family and Festivities, and this weekend I decided to give you guys a visual guide to what goes on. Ok, to be honest I actually was given the amazing (and yet unreleased) Sony A55 camera to play with on Thursday, and Diwali just happened to be the next day. The camera is amazing (like INSANELY amazing) to shoot video with, and hence I took clips of those and made a short video in iMovie. Anyhow, I'll have a full review of the camera posted very soon. In the meantime, here is a behind-the-scenes look at my weekend!



My day started very early with an office Pooja (prayer service) after which my Mother and I went to the Temple, had lunch and home and then went to the movies. The video clip though, is taken after my evening Pooja at home, and the other shots are from family lunch this afternoon with my sister and nephews. How adorably cute is the little one?! And the clip of my dog going round and round my kitchen, is him getting  confused and excited with all the activity, hoping that someone would drop a scrap of food on the floor that he could get to!
Hope you guys had a fabulous weekend too and took lots of pictures to keep for your own visual diary!
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails