Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My weekend at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix!

I'm still recovering from my weekend at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, and have finally managed to organize a few pictures to show you what went on. First of all, the whole thing was ultra glam! I went out on all three nights there and couldn't quite figure out where all the stylish people came from! Yup, it made the horse races in Dubai look like it was a chance to play dress up for the common folk. A lot of bars and restaurants were open all over the place, and apparently Allure, Skybar and the Amber Lounge were the places to see and be seen. That is of course, if you didn't have your ultra ginormous yacht parked at the Marina and have a private party for your friends there instead. (I didn't by the way in case you're wondering that's what I'm getting at.. I stayed at a small boutique hotel as I booked last minute!) Allure is part of the new Cipriani restaurants opened up at the Yas Marina and was a really great place to party at after the concerts. Speaking of concerts, did you happen to check out my coverage of the Kanye concert on my first night there? I skipped Linkin Park the second night, and obviously made it to Prince on the third.
So that's about it... oh wait, I forgot to tell about the Grand Prix. But that's how the entire thing felt- like the Grand Prix was sort of happening in the background while there were more fun things to attend to or be excited about. Having said that, I really had INCREDIBLE seats right above the Pit Lane (thank you Emirates NBD for that!) so I literally could see the facial expressions of people down below as they walked by like Deepika Padukone (famous Bollywood actress), Richard Branson and even Schumacher himself! Here are some pictures from my trip-
                                  The crowd.. The thrill.. The action... I loved every minute of it!
                                                  We had a pretty good view of what was going on
                    The YAS Marina looked absolutely breathtaking with all the bright lights at night
                                                             Woohoo.. it's Richard Branson!
                     I think I may have proved to be incredibly lucky for the Red Bull team ;)

Here is a video I put together of a few snippets from my trip.. Hope you enjoy it! Think I'm getting better at this whole iMovie thing too!



I had such a fab time on my trip.. the Abu Dhabi F1 2011 just cannot come soon enough!
-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails