Friday, May 21, 2010

Fave structured bags of the moment

A few weeks back I'd posted pics of my sister's Celine box bag (pictured above), and had remarked it was a little too boxy for me. Well, that has changed! The more I looked at it, the more it grew on me, and recently I went to the Celine store in Bur Juman, and saw it in a red colour (below). It was love at first sight!! I still haven't bought it, as I wanted to go have a look at all the other brands out there, and see if any of them may have a boxy-looking, structured shoulder bag, that is so popular this season.
 (As shown in the US Vogue, May edition. Photographed at Paris Fashion Week)


Being a HUGE Hermes fan, I really wanted to hold out and buy the Hermes Constance, as I've been in love with it for a very, very long time. They haven't had it in stock in their stores in Dubai for a while, so when my sister was in NY last week, I emailed my contact at the NY store on Madisson and asked if they had a piece there. How gorgeous is this bag??
Of course I wanted the one in the regular leather (and not the Croc as seen on the arm of one of the Olsen twins) and preferably in a bright colour. I'd seen pictures of the Constance in a light pink lizard skin and really loved the look of that, but thought I'd get an orange or red instead. The lady wrote back saying she had one in an Orange.. and just before I started to celebrate, she told me it cost $7650!  Now while I'm all for buying beautiful bags that last a lifetime, I'm just not sure the Constance would be in style a couple of seasons from now, even though it's been around forever. The Hermes store in Dubai Mall had a Mirco Constance, which was a tiny, tiny version (yes, even tinier than the one in the pic) last week, which was a LOT more affordable. It came to around the same price as the Celine box- but in effect would fit a lipstick and my credit cards. But the red colour on it was gorgeous! Hope it's sold out by now so I'm not tempted!

I really love the look of this Chloe Elsie bag in a Metallic tweed sort of fabric. I'd spotted it at the Chloe store in Emirates Towers, and thought it was so stylish and beautiful, but the metallic strap bothered me. The bag actually looks a lot better in real life than it does in the picture (it really is stunning) and the best part about it was the price! While the price of the Celine is around half the price of the Hermes one (the Celine cost approximately Dhs 13,000), I remember this Chloe one costing around Dhs. 5,000! While it's not cheap by any means, it is still a lot more reasonable, and more "now" than a Chanel 2.55.

I still haven't decided which one I'm getting. Will keep you posted when I do.

-


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails