Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Simpsons take on Lost

And there you have it! The Simpsons, in their opening credits, paid homage to the Series Finale of Lost- one of the most anticipated episodes of any TV show in recent times. While the dog might not have had much to do with the explanation of what went down, he did make a guest appearance in the Series finale, as did all the old-timers.
Being a Lostie, I was super excited to rush home from work and get on iTunes to watch the Final Episode. Two hours later, I was teary eyed from all the emotional drama that took place on screen, but I couldn't help feeling a little cheated. I went online to check what the other fans of the show had to say, and I wasn't surprised to see that 50% of the people thought it was the best Series Finale of a show EVER, and 50% thought they had been involved in a long con job. I, sadly, felt a bit of both. I was emotionally satisfied with the ending and thought the idea of them coming a full circle was beautiful.
But when it came down to it, I thought the Finale helped explain the "Sideways" world, which pretty much meant they only explained the last season. I just felt there was SO much stuff unanswered, beginning with the basic- what is the island??!! WHY did we have to watch 5 extra years of stuff that happened, if it didn't mean anything?!
I have two friends getting very upset with me over my getting upset over the end. They say Lost was about the bond between the characters, and not about the island, its inhabitants or what happens to them while on the island. Really? I seem to have missed the point of the show then!
Any other Losties out there?? Would love to hear what you guys have to say!!

UPDATE: Seems like I'm not the only one who thinks a lot was left unanswered!-

1 comment:

asif said...

they answered what the island was abt in the episode abt jacob and the MIB. the mother said the island was the source of the good (aka the light) which is in everybody and if it went out here, it would go out in everyone (i think). i thought the finale was brilliant. in essence the entire last season was the answer to the previous five years.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails