Monday, May 24, 2010

Sad, shocking, horrific, extremely disturbing...

I read something this morning that was all of the above. It is just so disheartening to know that any human in the world could have this much hatred, malice and lack of respect for human life... The fact that such a person exists in the UAE and is verbally attacking and abusing the Indians, just makes it so much worse.

I am not a news blog, but I'm always on the lookout for interesting stories that people might like to read. Considering that only 50% of my readers are based in Dubai (according to my blog statistics) I have been looking for interesting news items on Dubai and the UAE that others too might find interesting. It saddens me to post my findings this morning.

An Emirati blog online (that for reasons I'll explain later, I shall not name) that prides itself on being "a local take on the World" blogged on the Air India Express flight from Dubai to Mangalore that crashed a few days back, killing 158 people. This is what the author of the post had to say:

RIP Plane Victims:


Not really. Not only do I not care if the victims "rest in peace" but it seems to me that they are, rather, resting in pieces!

I am of course talking about flight IX 812 from Dubai to Balglapour (or some other hell hole, they're all the same) that recently crashed 

I know I know. Mean, blah blah. The way I see it is as follows. The UAE is (about) 50% Indians, Something that I, and 90% of all other Emaratis see as a bad thing.

This plane, carrying Indians who live and work here, means that 160 indians that clog up the roads, cause accidents, fail code inspections at Indian restaurants, speak like this guy, and are a general drag on the security of the UAE, wont be coming back. That is a very GOOD thing!

I can only pray that this happens every week!

Sadly, we'll probably have 160 new VISAs for 160 new Indians issued in 3 hours... And the authority in charge of this will flaunt that, as if it's a good thing.

For those who do give a damn, and sadly see this as a sad thing, here is a full list of the flight's passengers:

1. Rajkumar
2. Kumar Malalavajayapalamaniyanukrishnanananana
3. Babu Pinto
4. Parata
5. Masala Dosa

Repeat that list 32 times.

When all is said and done, they're probably better off dead. I mean, look at the world, they arent missing anything special.

-----
 The photograph accompanying this site was this-

In the comments post, a lot of  people (mostly Arabs and locals, who are the readers of his blog) are condemning his words, much to the amusement of the author: 

Actually most Emaratis I talked to said things like too bad it wasnt carrying 200! to too bad there wasnt a 2nd plane full of zalamat (Syrians, Jordanians...) So yes, THIS IS WHAT THE MAJORITY of Emaratis THINK but dont SAY. At least give me credit for being honest.

BTW, As you said, my view MIGHT (not is, might) not be very Islamic, but is it Islamic to call me stupid and a donkey? Again, an opposing opinion is NOT something Arabs can handle. And this is why this region will forever be licking the west's ass. btw Sammy, Are you a zalama? lol.

When another commenter asked him why there is an option to translate the site in Hindi if he hates Indians so much his response was, "It's called Marketing!" 

And in regards to the video of the crazy drivers on Sheikh Zayed road his response was, "Mashallah, He can multi task. Doing that AND no causing an accident. Indians cant even just drive!"

Unfortunately, his blog is going viral and this is what he had to say about the people posting comments on it-
"Holy shit! 51 comments waiting to be approved on this post! Just more proof that humans are a vile bunch who love bad things. Amazing how when we blog about good and real issues we don't get this response.

I wonder who is "worse" me for posting this or the people who don't comment unless I post stuff like this..... Wow. I should just write crap like this everyday! 60 comments in a few hours and counting!"

I refuse to give him and the blog more publicity, which is why I'm not posting it's URL neither did I leave a comment below his post. Its just sad that someone exists so close to home with so much hatred in their heart. My family has lived in Dubai since before I was born, and Jumbo Electronics, a company that my father started in Dubai, now spans the globe. We've received nothing but support from all the Locals we've ever interacted with for almost 4 decades. Does this make reading this any less blood curdling? Not really.

-

6 comments:

Nan said...

Absolutely shocking and unbelievable... This person has no feelings, inhuman!

Anonymous said...

Kiran, agree with you but I suggest that every individual stands up to this bully. Ignoring him, allows him to justify his racist & depraved opinion.

Please lodge your complaint here with Blogger on http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/request.py?hl=en&contact_type=hate_speech and Etisalat on http://www.etisalat.ae/index.jsp?type=proxy

I have sent these details to everyone I know to take a stand.

On reading Al Emarati's blog I recalled the following poem which spurred me on to act:

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."
Martin Niemoller

Anonymous said...

Kiran, I was the person who suggested you complain about ultra 'blue' from the Al Emarati blog.

He's taken down the article and linked it with a very pitiful apology. Atleast the article is down.

Anonymous said...

Even better, Etisalat and Du have now blocked his blog.

A friend outside the UAE states that the blog no longer exists; Google / Blogger have taken it down.

Kiran Chhabria said...

Yes!! The site is down! Thanks for your update btw. Didn't see the apology today.. did you by any chance copy/paste it? Would be interesting to read.

He might be off the internet, but he still very much lives amongst us. Sad and scary!

Anonymous said...

The following is the apology which was posted on the site before it was taken down ....

"RIP Plane Victims

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 , Posted by ultra[blue] at 6:46 PM

Wow. Let me 1st say that we were having a slow few weeks and thought a bit of "fun" would bring in some readership.

It did. Sadly 95% of them didnt "get" it. the remaining 5% didnt agree with it but were laughing at it.

People, the innerwebs is a form of entertainment, like the movies, or a TV show. Every now and then, imbedded in that entertainment is a bit of truth. But that little bit of truth does not mean that the entertainment factor, the main factor of the issue should be taken for granted and all of a sudden the movie has turned into a fact filled documentary.

If anything allowing our contributers free reign to post whatever and however they wish is not something the UAE is ready for. We hear often that oh, this part of the world needs more opinions, debate, views, and openness.

No, what the sheer power of the readers/comments proved to us is that people, including those residing and those from the UAE, want those things as long as they are the same as everyone else'

At 300 comment I, as an admin, didnt have time to go through them all, so I decided to do what I never thought I would. I censored one of my contributors.

I am writing this to apologize for this blog as a whole for any hurt the post this one replaces may have caused. I have given it the same URL so that links on the innerwebs will link directly here.

I am also appalled at the comments we had received. For people who supposedly care, and are not hatful or racist, most comments were in fact just that. So to those happy that I took the post down, know that it was done because you stooped down to the same level that you supposedly were condemning.

We didnt know we were this important. With 35 followings, we expected 35 comments or less. Not so many that we couldnt even read them all. What we read was enough.

The UAE isnt ready for opinions. Not real ones. We will continue to give watered down ones then.

Happy blogging and happy reading. Sadly, even our blogs now are as good as our newspapers. And that;s because of us all.

Please check out this post by yet another member of ours on the same subject, posted on the same day. Sadly, this one only got a total of 8 comments. Says alot about all those supposedly caring people."

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails