Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Raiding my Sister's closet for Celine!

Last week, as you could probably tell, I was raiding my sister's closet (shoe closet too!) for all the latest finds. I was telling her about how much I loved the new Celine collection this season  which is when she showed me all the great stuff she'd bought of theirs on her recent trip to Europe. Celine has been going through a revamp phase headed by main designer, Phoebe Philo, who has recently joined them, and is trying to bring the same magic to the brand as she had for Chloe, right before she left in 2006.

Here are some of the key pieces of their Spring 2010- Ready to Wear line up:
I absolutely LOVE the skirt pictured above! You can either wear it with a long shirt (that then peeks out underneath the skirt) or could wear it with the underskirt I've photographed it with. I love the chic look of this outfit... and is it just me, or is the skirt smiling too??

There was a lot of leather in the collection this season, and this leather dress was one of the main looks shown. I was amazed to find that the dress was actually a double layer of very thin leather fused together, and that the inside of the dress, was all leather too! The stitching was perfect and you could really tell the detailing that was part of the outfit. Somebody who was representing Kenzo at the Chedi, was telling me about how she thought Phoebe Philo would have done a much better job on the new Celine collection than she did. Considering a lot of brands out there have overpriced junk you could easily find replicas of in H&M or Zara, I really think Philo is hitting the nail on it's head by focusing on innovation and quality, and this dress clearly shows great craftsmanship and great design!

The top is the same colour as the dress above (the full length photograph of the dress doesn't accurately portray the colour) and is really cute. Komal (my sister) repeated at least five times how impossible the top was to find... how it was sold out everywhere... how even though it had just launched people thought she was nuts for thinking she could get her hands on it.. how she finally tracked it down.... Whew. Anyhow... cute top, hard to find.

This is the latest "Box Bag" by Celine that apparently everyone has been going nuts about! Not my most favourite of bags, but since its so popular, I thought I'd post it anyway. I understand that the whole slouchy bag phase is out, but this is a little TOO boxy for me. Will post some of my picks for structured handbags soon.

And that's all I have. Thoughts?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails