Friday, May 21, 2010

Have you caught a glimpse of Google TV?

Even though iTunes Videos are not legally supported here, a lot of people find ways to download them and use them in the UAE. A couple of days back I was advising my sister to go over to the Apple store and buy a couple of 100 Dollars worth of iTunes gift cards to be able to do just that. Because most Apple lovers have figured out this work around, quite few people I know use the Apple TV here to watch their shows on the big screen. While I actually have no TV in my room now (I watch all my shows on my computer) while doing up the TV room in my new apartment, I opted to have a Mac Mini instead of an Apple TV connected to my big screen. Having read all the reviews of the Apple TV, and realizing how restricted a product it was, it made me want something with a bit more flexibility, where I could also download shows from other providers, or watch shows directly off the network's website (most networks like ABC and NBC air the shows online which you can watch if you have a VPN and a fast enough internet connection).

Yesterday Google announced their Google TV, which made me wish I hadn't bought my still-to-be-used Mac Mini. The idea behind the product is amazing, and dare I say it, leaps and bounds ahead of Apple. Watch this YouTube video to understand what I'm talking about:


Somewhere out there, Steve Jobs is hoping he'd paid more attention to his Apple TV product line!

-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails