Saturday, May 22, 2010

When bling meets technology...

Yesterday Kim Kardashian was complaining on Twitter about how Sarah Gold from NYC Peach had taken her camera to "bedazzle" and was yet to return it almost 6 months later. NYC Peach was a New York based company that were the pioneers of the bling-gizmo era that started a few years back, most notably when Carrie in Sex and the City (when it was still a TV show) carried a pink crystal-studded phone. NYC Peach was known for their designs that were done using smaller crystals and glued on the device itself, they disappeared one day, not coincidentally along with the disappearance of Lehman Brothers and a lot of other businesses. While I never used them, I have in the past gotten my phone studded from Crystal Icing, an online company that I discovered while browsing one day, and loved the final outcome.

You can either have Crystal Icing (found at www.crystalicing.com) send you a cover for your phone, or you can send in your device (like I did) to them, and they will ship it back, looking perfectly blinged out and stunning. In Dubai you can go to Karama or some mall to get crystals stuck on your phone, but really, it is a case of quality vs moolah. They have a wide variety of designs you can pick from (I had the "Marilyn" studded on my old imate) or you can send in your own for a custom design. A whole list of celebrities including Paris Hilton, Mariah Carey (whose custom iPad is shown below), Kimberly Stewart, Eva Longoria and many more, have gotten their bling on with Crystal Icing. I'm sure Kim Kardashian wishes she had done the same!





I am in love with this Paul Frank iPhone case as shown below. As I know the new iPhone that will be announced soon has a different form factor, I'm holding off my purchase to get the new shape.
 Crystal Icing ships internationally, are very prompt and have amazing craftsmanship. 
Aside from gadgets they do a variety of products including Mason Pearson hairbrushes, zippo lighters, sharpie pens, etc.

All images shown here are directly from the Crystal Icing website and are their property.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails