Monday, May 17, 2010

Leica X1 out and about at Dubai Mall

I absolutely LOVE my Leica X1!! A few days back I ran over to Salaam Studios in Wafi, the dealers of the Leica, and bought myself the fabulous camera that I'd been trying to get my hands on for a few months now. They've been pretty much sold out everywhere,  and ever since I'd read the reviews late last year, I knew I HAD to have one! They finally called me and told me they had one piece in, and that I had to come pick it up within a f ew hours. Of course I dropped everything and ran! It's a very expensive camera, but looking at the image quality, I feel it's SO worth it.  I actually own the top of the line Leica M8.2 (which has now been replaced by the M9) and the D Lux 4, which is in my opinion, one of the best cameras ever. I was hence skeptical about where the fixed 35 mm lens (that means no zoom!) would fit into the picture, but I was pleasantly surprised with it's performance. I took it to Dubai Mall with me and am posting a few of the pictures here to give you guys a general feeling of what the colours and clarity from this camera looks like.

Click on the photographs to get the full size picture
PS: I paid full price for the camera, as I have done for all my Leica products! The mention of the store I bought it from is simply to save you from trying to figure out where Leica was available in Dubai. Unfortunately, Jumbo does not carry them :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey kiran, how much did you get the x1 for? thanks Z.

Kiran Chhabria said...

Think it was around 8K AED? Bought it full price from Salaam Studios at Wafi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails