Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Summer coffee options


Recently I've been trying to watch my weight in ways other than watching it rise. (another favourite- who says I'm not in shape? Round's a shape!) Jokes aside, I've been spending a lot of time in coffee shops as I've cut out eating out and drinking, which has really put a damper in my already limited social life. Since I wanted coffee- based drinks that would help keep me cool in the summer months without indulging in Frapps and shakes, I went out and did research on what I could have. If you're off sugar or are trying to control ur diet, try having iced latte's instead of the sugary drinks, and add ur own artificial sweetner to it. Since a lot of the glass is also filled with ice, it's a lot less calorific than a cappuccino or hot latte. Starbucks has a really yum iced latte that u can get with skimmed milk or with soy milk, which is a healthier option.U can also try the iced latte at Gloria Jeans and ask them to blend it for you.. It tastes soooo good! I also discovered coffee bean and tea lead have a "no sugar added" version of their famous iced blended drinks. The one pictured above is the mocha iced blended and I swear it tastes like a milkshake. I asked them to show me their mix and it really was sugar free and had asparteme in it instead. Starbucks has sugar free vanilla syrup in the US but I'm not sure they have that here. Either way, my CBTL drink is my new favourite. I don't know how useful you guys will find this post, but I figured I'd put it up anyway as I wish I'd known abt these sugar free options out there. It's also good to remember that just because it's sugar free, doesn't mean it is fat free or has no calories, so limit your intake to when u have a sweet craving :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails