Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Don't talk and drive warning: GRAPHIC!

These ads from the Bangalore Traffic Police touch on a very important issue of people talking on the phone and driving at the same time. While I try to put my ringer on silent every time I get behind the wheel, so as to not be tempted to take a call while driving, I do it for reasons other than safety. I love to get into my car, play my music really loud, and bop my head while listening to the latest tunes. And every once in a while I'll find myself right behind some idiot swerving out of  lane, driving rash or going at a snail's pace on the fast lane, whilst chatting on their mobile phones. Not cool and definitely not safe. Please head to your nearest Jumbo outlet and ask them for different bluetooth headset options or car kits you can install, so as to talk and drive if you must at the same time.

While I'm not a huge fan of graphic Public Smoking Announcements (the cigarette pack covers in Singapore would make a non-smoker reach for a drink) I think the creativity behind this ad is quite cool. While it's making waves on the internet for its controversial imagery, it helps put India on the map of the Ad World.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yes! That's a very effective visual message. I have witnessed drivers and pedestrians experience tremendous grief over a conversation that could wait, or a text that could be read a little later .. like at the signal, if they must indulge. Some would raise their hands in agreement that driving requires full concentration.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails