Saturday, April 10, 2010

Upcoming Sony Ericsson Phones...

I have a lot of tech-filled news from this weekend, starting with a few new phones I got a sneak peak of on Thursday afternoon. The guys from Sony Ericsson were nice enough to carry a few pre-production phones for our meeting, for me to look at. Starting with the Xperia X10 that was officially launched in the Dubai market last week (you can find my review of it here) SE seems to have a string of hits on their hands. The phone pictured above is the the X10 mini, which, as the name suggests, is the smaller version of the Xperia 10. The photograph really doesn't do the phone justice though I tried to hold it up to show off it's size. The phone is so tiny, I can almost imagine some fashionable teenager wanting to walk around with it attached with a lanyard around their neck! While it's small in size, the phone is HUGE on features, and I was amazed to find that it runs the full Android operating system, allows for the download of apps from the app store and has an incredible 5 megapixel camera too! The OS has been worked on to allow for easy access to all the programs, without causing any extra clutter on the screen. It is a complete touch screen device, and the typing gets done with an on-screen T9 keyboard.The phone also allows for the changing of covers on the back of the phone, so you can match your phone to your outfit, if you so choose. I guess I'm not the only one blown away by this phone, and you can check a short video clip of the phone here
They had also brought along an Xperia 10 mini pro, which is the exact same device, with a full sized slide-out QWERTY keyboard. It is just slightly thicker than the the Xperia 10 mini and has an upgraded 8 megapixel camera in it! Unfortunately I couldn't take a photograph of the device so am posting one I found online.
This phone above is the to-be-launched Vivaz Pro. I haven't really played around with the Vivaz yet, but I know the USP of the phone is the fact that it has an 8.1 megapixel camera, flash, 4x digital zoom, and HD video recording. To have all of that, a big gorgeous screen as well as a full sized keyboard is really something, and if I remember correctly, I think the Vivaz Pro is actually thinner than the current Vivaz selling in the market today, which in itself is very slim.
The upcoming Aspen was not my most favourite of phones, simply because I don't really like the Windows Mobile opperating system. However, if you are a business user in the market for a slick looking Win Mo phone, this is the one for you!

3 comments:

Sunil Lalvani said...

The X10 mini pro is the one I have my eyes on - lucky you to get a first butchers at these things!

When can I get my grubby mits on one? Do you know?

Kiran Chhabria said...

You'll have to wait till it gets launched unfortunately.. they didn't even let me photograph it :(

Anonymous said...

The Aspen looks like an old Samsung phone. ugh!

CH

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails