Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Latest Toy- Canon 5d Mark II

It doesn't hurt to hand over one toy (the Olympus EP2) when you have a bigger, more interesting, and unfortunately much more expensive toy to play with! Last month, in my pre-blogging days, I had tested out the Canon 5d Mark II and absolutely fell in love with the camera. I had done a lot of research on my favourite photographers in the blogging world, and the one thing The Sartorialist , Garance Dore and The Photodiarist had in common, was the 5d. Now while an amazing camera does not an amazing photographer make, it really can't hurt, and I've found a great lens matters much more than the camera it's fitted on. The quality and clarity of the Canon L lenses made me want to happily sell my Nikon D90 and make the jump over to the dark side.. or lighter side, depending on where you're standing and your ISO settings. The 5d is a little too professional for my needs, but I figured it would force me to pick up the pace on my learning curve if I wanted to get the most out of it. So, with my wallet a little lighter, I'll be leaving the office today a little happier, with my 5d on my arm and a smile on my face :)

The Canon 5d Mark II is available at the Jumbo Outlet in the Mall of the Emirates 

2 comments:

The Photodiarist said...

I am so happy for you. It will be well worth it. And you have a great lens in the 24-105mm. That is the lens you bought, right? Did you buy any other lenses? I cannot wait to see more of your photos!

Kiran Chhabria said...

Yes that's the lens I bought.. Cant afford any others as of now :) Any suggestions which ones to look at?

My pictures won't be one tenth as good as yours! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails