Friday, April 30, 2010

Fendi's Summer Fur Collection

Gone are the days when Fur used to be exclusively worn in the Winter. Fur-lovers all over wanted to be able to ooze the sophistication that fur brings to an ensemble, and keep the style stakes up, while keeping the temperatures down. The answer to their desires was Summer Fur. Companies all over (being led by Fendi of course) started to make short fur jackets, gilets, boleros and capes, for the "in-between"months where temperatures are cool enough for a sweater, but not really for full-on snowman coverage.

Here I've photographed two of my sister's jackets (yes, I am going through her closet!) in two different colours and styles, both by Fendi-


I have taken a picture of her gilet up close to show you the delicate chiffon lining under the mink.




Again, the shaved, shaded mink above shows the lining that allows for the fur to be very lightweight and easy to wear in the summer.
And when I say summer, I mean summer when you're travelling. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT attempt to try this in Dubai, unless you want people to throw things at you! And they won't be doing it as members of PETA!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If it's going to be fur...and elegant and chic....it needs to be Fendi. Summer or Winter! I love their stuff!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails