Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Elle Arabia- 1st Issue!

Elle Magazine launched their first ever "Arab World" issue in English this April. I was quite excited to see yet another International magazine gracing our local magazine stands, till I noticed who was on the cover. Freida Pinto??? Really??? My mum's secretary said it best when she described her as a "Sandra from Bandra!" For the non-Indians, or non-Bomayites for that matter, who don't know what that means, you just need to know this- it's not a good thing.

Otherwise the magazine is not bad, but I've definitely seen better. Give me a Harper's Bazaar, Grazia or Viva to flip through any day. All of them should take a page out of Vogue India's book  magazine though. That's real local content with International standards, done right!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails