Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The EP2 at the Soiree- Umar Sayeed fash show!

No, the EP2 aren't the initials of an exciting celebrity, but it's not like the Soiree-Umar Sayeed Fashion Show last evening at the Opera Art Gallery needed any. The glitz and glamour were very well represented by the clothes on display- gorgeous works of art by the Pakistani designer, Umar Sayeed. On the 30th of March I'd posted here about this amazing show and how I was bummed I'd miss it as I had to fly to India for work. As luck would have it, the event got canceled that evening (as the country went into mourning) and was rescheduled for yesterday, but alas, a work dinner kept me from attending it once again. However, I came in two hours early, Olympus EP2 in tow (the micro-four thirds camera from Olympus that has been generating tons of buzz) to support my friend Mariya and test the camera while I was at it. I'm absolutely in love with the picture of Mariya I took (above) and think its possibly one of the best I've seen of her- even if I do say so myself *ahem*. Below is another one of her I took with the cross process filter (the picture at the back is a part of the Umar Sayeed portfolio), and another regular one I took with her and the main man himself. While you can possibly pick up any fashion magazine next week to know more about the show, check back here to find out more about the EP2. As of now, I'm loving what I see.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails