Monday, April 19, 2010

Loving the Olympus EP2!

Am absolutely loving playing with this camera. Not only are the quality of the pictures great, the art effects are amazing! Here are some quick shots I took with a few of  the effects, with my dog Chintu as my model. How gorgeous are the pictures, and how CUTE is he??

Here is the Pop Art effect:

Then there is the soft focus effect which makes Chintu look dewy.. like he was photographed by Indian photographer Gautam Rajadhyaksha


Here is the Cross Process Filter:


And the Pin hole camera effect:


And gritty black and white:

For those who don't know what the EP2 is, it's a micro-four thirds camera by Olympus. It basically is a new form of camera that is slightly bigger than a point and shoot (regular camera that as the name suggests, you use to point and.. well.. shoot!) and smaller than an SLR (one of the large clunky cameras photographers carry). You can interchange lenses with this camera like in an SLR, but the entire package is a lot smaller and lighter, while giving you the same image quality as in an entry level SLR.

I also took some pictures of the reception area of my gym today, to show how well the camera performs in low light. I'm supposed to actually give the camera back after playing around with it, and was telling my secretary, I'm going to hate seeing it go. Am very tempted into buying and keeping it, for the occasions I don't want to lug an SLR but still want great quality shots. Will keep you posted on what I decide!

The Olympus EP2 is available at the Jumbo store in Mall of the Emirates only

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What an expression....he is simply adorable - Hero Chintu.
I hope you got him an Hermes leash....he deserves nothing less !!!!!

Kiran Chhabria said...

He had an Hermes collar and my maid threw it out!!! It was the type that looked like the brown ribbon they tie their boxes with. I think she thought it was that and out it went :(

Unknown said...

Did you throw her out TOO !!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, with or without one, he is a star !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails